The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

VRSF FMIC install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gGSXEclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 7, 2008
847, Illinois
Ok this might sound really dumb. I got my vrsf fmic kit and it came with 4 bolt (2 long and 2 short) and 2 nuts the same thread pitch as the bolts. Now i know the core itself is suppose to bolt where the fogs usually go but the bolts they supplied are not the same thread size as the stock fog thread size. Now my thought are the 2 long bolts and the 2 nuts could be for the TB and the 2 other bolts for the 1g BOV. Someone help me if im wrong but do i need to go get longer bolts to hold the core to where the fogs go? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

yea your going to have to retap, or get new bolts that are same thread pitch.

see the other vrsf threads, people have mentioned it. also see the review section on this and I believe there are some writeups as wel.

Just take the fog bolt to Home Depot or Lowes and get some longer bolts. I'm not familar with the revised kit from VRSF but perhaps you should PM Mangina about the 4 bolts and washers to see what they are used for.

Quickest way to get an answer woulda been to send us a PM :)

We include 8mm bolts due to the fact that the fog holes are only 6mm bolts. Using 6mm bolts to hold a 25+ lb intercooler isn't something I'm comfortable with which is why we have the larger bolts. Just drill & tap the current fog holes and you're good to go.

Quickest way to get an answer woulda been to send us a PM :)

We include 8mm bolts due to the fact that the fog holes are only 6mm bolts. Using 6mm bolts to hold a 25+ lb intercooler isn't something I'm comfortable with which is why we have the larger bolts. Just drill & tap the current fog holes and you're good to go.

Thanks thats what I figured the bolts were for. I would have PMd you guys but I was up late after school getting the intercooler mounted. I did go ahead a retap the holes last night and used the bigger bolt. Thanks guy for the help.

PS Tiago the FMIC looks awesome thanks again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back