The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink User Defined MAP sensor settings in Ecmlink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EGLTAWLN

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2008
Edmonton, AB_Canada
I bought a Clean Injection 4 bar MAP sensor to try out. AEM style MAP with SS 1/8NPT connection.
It came with a data sheet to help configure it in link.
I can't wrap my head around what to input into the link tabs.

PSIa Range Voltage range
-14.5 0.5v
-11.75 0.68v
-9 0.87v
-6.25 1.05v
-3.5 1.24v
-0.75 1.42v
0 1.47v
5 1.81v
10 2.14v
15 2.48v
20 2.81v
25 3.15v
30 3.50v
35 3.82v
40 4.16v
45 4.5v
Apparently, this chart gives info to calculate the necessary User Defined MAP sensor settings in the ECMlink Settings/ECU Inputs menu.
There is a tab labeled "psi/volts(user defined scale)". Hovering the mouse over it brings a help bar that reads "Pressure per volts scaling of this sensor". What is the method to find this info?
Also there is a tab labeled "volts(user defined offset)". Hovering the mouse over it brings a help bar that reads "Sensor output voltage that represents 0 absolute pressure". What is the method to find out this info?
Also, when watching the Datalog, right clicking on the MAP readout and selecting MAP preferences, there is a menu to input minimum voltage and minimum boost, as well as maximum voltage and maximum boost. When I input the figure from the chart the tune is way out. Minimum volts 0.5v = -14.5PSIa and maximum volts 4.5v = 45PSIa. Is that correct or am I missing something?
This is a new sensor out of the box, i have had it running the car at idle, but the scaling was way out for any driving. eg. 10psi on the gauge was 20psi on the ecu.

Erik Tande had a good thread about a similar issue, but his questions about HOW to calculate these variables were not quite answered. I have a few MAP sensors, but don't understand how to set them up on link. I have done the vaccum pump/air compressor trick to get voltages, but i have charts so they should be the data...

Please advise!

Not sure what issue you're having but if you're setting up a linear sensor, you obviously add it into ecu inputs and right click on it at the homepage/streaming screen. Select the preferences and add 0.5v as min, 4.5v as maximum volts. Same with PSIA. You may have to convert that to PSIA or set PSIA as your default unit until you setup the map then revert it back to psi if you get what I mean.

I found this on the BRZ forums. It explains how to scale a map sensor. This was the info i was asking about. Thanks to BastardDsm's post for pointing me in the correct direction.
I still haven't got the new map to fire up the car on the new settings, still got some figuring to do, or the sensor is garbage.
Offset does refer to what voltage the MAP will output at 0 PSIa or -14.5 PSI
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back