The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Upgrade: TBI 52 mm x 60 mm x 70 mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polverari

5+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2018
São Paulo, South_America
Hello.
I own an 2g 2.3 stroker, with OEM cams and 68HTA.
Im not happy with the car after 5k RPM.. Dyno run got 366whp and 52kgfm @1.9bar in E80, but seems that doesn't worth rev more than +/- 5500RPM, i don't know the word in english, but engine seens to be "sufocated".

So, i am thinking about GSC S2 cam shafts (274) and i'm thinking about a TBI upgrade.
Car is for street use, like a daily drive.

Im buying a 1G TBI (60mm), but i found an 70mm TBI on eBay... There are any opinions on it?
Some friends told me the car will become very bad to drive, because of very larger area of TBI... But i don't know if they are correct or not..

Some pics below to ilustrate

P.S - If you have any advices to get better car behavior at high rpms (6000-7500, i dont wanna rev more than this), i will be glad :) Just remember im from Brazil, and some parts are 100% hard to found.. Like old evo and things like it

Thank you, sorry for english mistakes!

Attachments

• 2e97857c-65f7-43bd-8238-907b84834525.jpg
    2e97857c-65f7-43bd-8238-907b84834525.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 44a8af9f-e0cb-4bec-8237-137f8b77a926.jpg
    44a8af9f-e0cb-4bec-8237-137f8b77a926.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 39
  • b4b97723-d732-451a-92e4-34ca6be91806.jpg
    b4b97723-d732-451a-92e4-34ca6be91806.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 40
  • eebefc5e-d576-4719-ad6f-fa9dcd30ab8d.jpg
    eebefc5e-d576-4719-ad6f-fa9dcd30ab8d.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 39
A 60mm throttle body is absolutely sufficient for your power levels. With an Evo 1-3 intake manifold and GSC S2s, it will really open up the top end, peak power should be around 6500.

if I were you I wouldn't go some cams more agressive than S1, HKS 264 or equivalent and would go with the 1G throttle body. I personally don't recommend the S2 and the eBay throttle body, especially if you daily drive the car. Maybe you would get a better top end number on dyno but you would probably feel the car slower on the streets. Most of time you would use low/mid range on the streets and you have a 100mm stroke engine. An early EVO's intake manifold is a good idea, like @Canadian_CD9A mentioned above.

A 60mm throttle body is absolutely sufficient for your power levels. With an Evo 1-3 intake manifold and GSC S2s, it will really open up the top end, peak power should be around 6500.

Thank you! I will try find an Evo 1-3 IM.. Its hard to ship this for Brazil, but i will try to find something!

if I were you I wouldn't go some cams more agressive than S1, HKS 264 or equivalent and would go with the 1G throttle body. I personally don't recommend the S2 and the eBay throttle body, especially if you daily drive the car. Maybe you would get a better top end number on dyno but you would probably feel the car slower on the streets. Most of time you would use low/mid range on the streets and you have a 100mm stroke engine. An early EVO's intake manifold is a good idea, like @Canadian_CD9A mentioned above.

Thank you! I will follow this advice and get S1 Cams so
BTW, if you know any website that i can find the early EVO IM, i will appreciate!

Thank you! I will follow this advice and get S1 Cams
Maybe Kelford 264 could also be one of your options in case if you haven't checked it yet. Probably those would work similarly to the S1.
https://www.kelfordcams.com/global/camshafts/mitsubishi/evo-1-3-vr4-4g63/1-tx264-camshaft-set.html

BTW, if you know any website that i can find the early EVO IM, i will appreciate!
On eBay, like the one Canadian_CD9A posted above or the link below. The same eBay vendor but a half price, I am not sure why. The EVO 1/2 intake manifold is the same as EVO 3 intake manifold, just without a port for SAS and it has 1 vacuum port less. You don't use those ports on DSM anyways, so no need to block off.
Note: If you would like to keep the MDP sensor or if you are using the MDP sensor port for a MAP sensor, you need to think about that since the early EVO intake manifold don't have a MDP sensor port. In that case you may want to order a MDP sensor adapter, too. Like the pic below.
Also if you keep an eye out DSM/Early EVO related facebook buy/sell groups, you probably find one sooner or later. I sometimes bring those parts from Japan, so if I would find one, I will let you know, too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi...nuine-Factory-Intake-Manifold-2G/281903109474
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Tomei 260, GSC S1, Kelford 264, JUN 264 are all good options for a basic TD05H-equipped stroker that sees street duty, and are all available new. I can't recommend HKS cams in good conscience anymore, mostly because I never advise people to buy used engine internals, and because they are super mild.

I believe that for now GSC or Kelford would be realistic options for him since many stores carry those cams and easy to purchase as considering he is in Brazil. No doubt that Tomei and Jun are very good, they are common and Jun has been one of the best machine shops in Japan, they even work with Japanese car manufacturers including Mitsubishi. But problem with them now is normally they don't have early 4g63 dedicated parts in stock anymore. in general made to order, so less quantity exist in the market and it's harder to find those in stock with some online store than GSC or Kelford. And even if he would order it though them directly, there is a shipping restriction from Japan to Brazil now. There is a chance that they wouldn't be able to ship out to Brazil while it's restricted.

Last edited:
If as you have said, you are street driving this car, then why would you need to rev it to 7000rpm???

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back