The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

turbosax2 t25 Dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thats one heck of a jump. I guess if you know thats what you want then no sense playing around with anything in between. Making a leap from to the big boy for drag racing should make a nice build thread...

It was a joke, the car's not getting a 42r.

That would be much too small. It's getting a GT6041 LOL

My goal for the car is to be able to do it all. Street, drag, autox, and road race while still maintaining a reliable and decent looking car. If it weren't for autox, the car would be a lot easier to build, but the autox means I have to keep the turbo very responsive. I don't plan to compete in any of these disciplines; just have fun doing it and have fun building the car to the best of my ability and budget :)

internal wastegate I assume?

Yes, it's an FP 17psi wastegate heavily shimmed. I put that on as an attempt to hold boost, but it really didn't do any better than I could get with the stock gate.

I'm just now starting to play with the boost control feature with Link but couldn't you have increased the duty cycle at 5500rpm + to maintain ~16psi instead of watching it fall off to 12psi?

:dsm:

That's too bad. I was under the impression that by increasing the duty cycle in the higher RPM's you could maintain a fairly steady boost curve with a smaller turbo.

I've got a feeling that t25 would fight back if you wire the thing shut. I've seen a glowing orange t25 turbine wheel bouncing down the interstate when a friend did that when I was in high school. He had a open DP and I'm assuming the turbine wheel shaft snapped and it made a quick exit... Def. get some video footage if you ever do it. LOL

Glad I just found this thread, very impressive!

It would be the last pull for Eric's t-25 if he could get it to hold 17psi to redline, that's a good read for t-28 users though.

How many quarts of oil does it take to fill your SMIC, Eric? :D

I do have an FP 17psi wastegate and it's adjusted tight. Like, off by a hole and a half kind of tight. Nothing I did seemed to help, but I suppose I could try even more preload.

Even though the new turbo will be finding it's way on the car at some point, I might keep experimenting a bit with the t25 to get more out of it. New exhaust manifold, port the t25, external wastegate, fmic, etc. I really want to just wire the wastegate shut as it sits, but I need to be ready to drop the turbo on immediately if the worst happens :)

I also saw some interesting suggestions in the thread with the t25 running 10's. Some people were suggesting a big wastegate would help make power because it would alleviate the backpressure. That's an interesting suggestion.

Right now I'm stuck on picking out an intercooler!
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/turbo-system-tech/474588-intercooler-end-tank-advice.html

Speaking of which, if anybody would like to donate a t25 compressor housing to the cause, I'll take it. I want to have a spare to hack up and reweld the elbow on facing the driver side for easier fmic routing.

Awesome #'s bro . Not sure if ill dyno my tsi but i have simular build going. Gonna rock the t25 for a while. And get all my supporting modds for a bigger snail out of the way . Love how clean your gsx is. My talon is beat ;(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back