The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

6466 Dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pneumo just curious is your profile up to date;)

No, I stopped updating it years ago. I kept changing stuff too often. Last year I tested 4 different turbos, swapped wastegates on all of them, and rebuilt the engine!
The 6466 dyno chart in this thread was done on a 2 liter engine, 9.0 comp, 2G head with FFtec SMIM, Kelford 272 cams, big fmic, E85, FIC 2150 injectors, EPROM ECU with my own tuning, tubular exhaust mani that I made :hellyeah: 4" CAI in the fenderwell and the usual supporting mods.

No, I stopped updating it years ago. I kept changing stuff too often. Last year I tested 4 different turbos, swapped wastegates on all of them, and rebuilt the engine!
The 6466 dyno chart in this thread was done on a 2 liter engine, 9.0 comp, 2G head with FFtec SMIM, Kelford 272 cams, big fmic, E85, FIC 2150 injectors, EPROM ECU with my own tuning, tubular exhaust mani that I made :hellyeah: 4" CAI in the fenderwell and the usual supporting mods.
I know what you mean! But man you got it together in my book an update will be valuable! I will update one more time my results on the "I broke a wrist pin" engine build thread and then I will also myself take a break from the forum boards and enjoy the car. I will be reading but will limit my posting a lot;) I will continue to answer the PM I get on a daily basis mostly concerning cams!

I know what you mean! But man you got it together in my book an update will be valuable! I will update one more time my results on the "I broke a wrist pin" engine build thread and then I will also myself take a break from the forum boards and enjoy the car. I will be reading but will limit my posting a lot;) I will continue to answer the PM I get on a daily basis mostly concerning cams!

Oh yeah, I remember that thread. I'm keeping timing low on this engine since I'm using standard Wiseco's. Good luck with the build!

Here's a nice underhood shot of my current setup.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's the best shot I have. There's not much to it, just a 90* bend and a silicone coupler added onto the standard intake going to the turbo. I cut out the sheetmetal a little to make room for the 90* bend. I have to install the filter through the bumper opening in the front.

Nice been thinking about this is a s372... Still on the fence with PTE after reading some of their reviews online on other forums

Nice been thinking about this or a s372... Still on the fence with PTE after reading some of their reviews online on other forums

The BB versions have been bulletproof. No problem there.
I've seen just a few journal bearing PTE turbos blow out the thrust bearing. If you get a JB PTE please make sure you feed it oil from the OFH! Not the head. My personal rule of thumb for JB turbos is to make sure oil pressure is higher than boost pressure. Oil pressure at the head is usually around 20psi and that's not enough. Pressure from the OFH is around 60 to 80.

If you're still on the fence, just look at the spoolup on page 1. I'm getting 25psi at 4800rpm on a 2 liter engine with a 3rd gear pull.

The BB versions have been bulletproof. No problem there.
I've seen just a few journal bearing PTE turbos blow out the thrust bearing. If you get a JB PTE please make sure you feed it oil from the OFH! Not the head. My personal rule of thumb for JB turbos is to make sure oil pressure is higher than boost pressure. Oil pressure at the head is usually around 20psi and that's not enough. Pressure from the OFH is around 60 to 80.

If you're still on the fence, just look at the spoolup on page 1. I'm getting 25psi at 4800rpm on a 2 liter engine with a 3rd gear pull.

thanks I will look into it... Right now its between a s370/72 & a 6466 or 6766

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back