The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

turbosax2 t25 Dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbosax2

Nov 19, 2006
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
After tuning a couple cars on CBRD's Mustang dyno Saturday, we threw my car on just to see how low it would read. We did four pulls total, with the last two being the highest (runs 1 and 2 below). I didn't really do any fine tuning while on the dyno; tried leaning it out a tad and cranking up the wastegate duty cycle for the last pull but it didn't make much difference. The car ended up making 249 ft.lbs. and 213 hp. A touch higher than I was expecting, so I was happy :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HaCLsmWx1lc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• Run 1.elg
    24.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Run 2.elg
    40.6 KB · Views: 94
Plus, its a mustang dyno. Im extremely impressed with it. Especially since its not fwd numbers, thats awd. The extra drivetrain losses and STILL 250 ft/lbs of tq? Really nice. Good tuner obviously.

Wow, very good numbers for a t25. Mine was low but I never tuned for it. I hope to follow your power next year.

Damn that's pretty good, especially for a Mustang. I'm surprised by how much torque that blow dryer of a turbo made.

Damn that's pretty good, especially for a Mustang. I'm surprised by how much torque that blow dryer of a turbo made.

They make more then people thing or realise,

the car is on e85 and knowing how turbosax works, i'm sure the tune is on the money. Numbers are really good nonethless. What boost are you running through the rpm range?

Good run on your set up eric, I watched the fusebox build, nice for that turbo, any plans for a different turbo for auto cross?

Even at a pinch over 200whp, this thing is a blast to ride in!

Nice numbers, Eric!

Thanks all! The car is indeed on E85.

Plus, its a mustang dyno. Im extremely impressed with it. Especially since its not fwd numbers, thats awd. The extra drivetrain losses and STILL 250 ft/lbs of tq? Really nice. Good tuner obviously.

That would be me :)

the car is on e85 and knowing how turbosax works, i'm sure the tune is on the money. Numbers are really good nonethless. What boost are you running through the rpm range?

The tune was actually spot on for what I wanted. Like I said, I tried leaning out the last pull from 12.0 to 12.3; it didn't quite make it there, but even still the power was nearly the same as the other 3 pulls, even with cranking the wastegate duty cycle to 37% in the upper range. The turbo is just tapped out flowing a hair over 25 lbs/min. I know it's got a bit more power left in it, but I'm just so close to the maximum from the setup as it sits, there's no point in going super crazy on the tune just for a few more horsepower.

The boost peaks at about 17.5 and drops to 12 at 7000rpm. I haven't been able to make it hold more boost, but as soon as I have the new turbo literally ready to bolt on, I will probably be wiring the wastegate shut and seeing what happens :)

Good run on your set up eric, I watched the fusebox build, nice for that turbo, any plans for a different turbo for auto cross?

I do have another turbo waiting to go on. I'm hoping to get it prepped to go on this winter, but as of right now I'm planning on at least starting next season with the t25. I still want to go faster than a 13.5 @ 100mph on it.

The next mod that is going on the car for sure is an intercooler. My IAT's consistently go up about 80-100* during a 3rd gear pull...and that's on the street too! You should have seen the temperatures while road racing :toobad:

The tune was actually spot on for what I wanted. Like I said, I tried leaning out the last pull from 12.0 to 12.3; it didn't quite make it there, but even still the power was nearly the same as the other 3 pulls, even with cranking the wastegate duty cycle to 37% in the upper range. The turbo is just tapped out flowing a hair over 25 lbs/min. I know it's got a bit more power left in it, but I'm just so close to the maximum from the setup as it sits, there's no point in going super crazy on the tune just for a few more horsepower.

The boost peaks at about 17.5 and drops to 12 at 7000rpm. I haven't been able to make it hold more boost, but as soon as I have the new turbo literally ready to bolt on, I will probably be wiring the wastegate shut and seeing what happens :)

I do have another turbo waiting to go on. I'm hoping to get it prepped to go on this winter, but as of right now I'm planning on at least starting next season with the t25. I still want to go faster than a 13.5 @ 100mph on it.

The next mod that is going on the car for sure is an intercooler. My IAT's consistently go up about 80-100* during a 3rd gear pull...and that's on the street too! You should have seen the temperatures while road racing :toobad:

Have you thought about doing a proper build thread? I'd love to follow what you do with this car in detail. I wish my 99 GSX started out as clean as yours. :rolleyes:

On a larger turbo, same lb/min, same IC, your iat's wouldnt go up that high. Im preaching to the quire though. I big ETS may cool that down a hair but water/meth would really get those numbers up! I bet youd see a 25whp gain. That little sucker is pumping out some hot ass air that even a top shelf IC might not be able to keep down. Its cool to see someone dynoing a t25 though.

EDIT: Im sorry, i was mistaken. Looked at your mods and you apparently did this on a stock IC????? Even more impressive! Shit then, a pr or vrsf would do a world of difference

On a larger turbo, same lb/min, same IC, your iat's wouldnt go up that high. Im preaching to the quire though. I big ETS may cool that down a hair but water/meth would really get those numbers up! I bet youd see a 25whp gain. That little sucker is pumping out some hot ass air that even a top shelf IC might not be able to keep down. Its cool to see someone dynoing a t25 though.

EDIT: Im sorry, i was mistaken. Looked at your mods and you apparently did this on a stock IC????? Even more impressive! Shit then, a pr or vrsf would do a world of difference

I'm against running water/meth injection on this car because of what I use it for. Yup, stock sidemount intercooler :p

I heard Santa was bringing Eric a 42r for Christmas. LOL

:dsm:

Well now the secret's out!

Sooooooooo straight drag car then? 42r sounds like a monster, will you be using N02 for spool?

...and if you say gullible slow enough it almost sounds like you're saying green beans.

:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back