1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

TURBO TECH NEEDED FOR TD05H, options???

Posted by May1989TalonTSiAWDst, Nov 17, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. lasthope05

lasthope05 Proven Member

Joined Mar 31, 2006
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    14b, 16g, 18g, 20g td05 are all the same wheel. Do you still not understand. Dont try to reinvent the wheel with some frankenstien turbo. I still dont understand why you just dont buy a proven turbo instead of trying to build something you clearly have no understanding of and wasting money building a turbo that is so horribly mismatched/ineffecient.

2. BurrowZ

BurrowZ Proven Member

Joined Nov 28, 2010
    Duluth, Minnesota
    You are literally too stupid to realize when someone's trolling you.

I realize I can't just fluff post to flame you so I'm going to have to try to add to this thread. Now, if I'm really going to attempt to do that, here:
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/vendor-announcements/472154-fp-holiday-sale-2013-a.html

Right now you can get an FP Red which has been to 500whp for under $1000. And it's a direct bolt-on so even somebody who's owned their car for 8 years shouldn't have to pay a shop to do it!

You don't need a ridiculously huge fuel pump. A single 255HP Walbro rewired and some 1600cc injectors with an AFPR will be more than enough to net you that 500whp.

You remind me of a guy I once knew. He once hammered a nail into a piece of wood and then claimed he was ready to build a house.

812  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.810 @ 101.120 · 2G DSM
  3. WES_393

WES_393 DSM Wiseman

Joined Jun 6, 2011
    Colo Spgs, Colorado
    Good luck finding legit Mitsubishi parts for an Evo 6.5 RS TME turbo. FP sells that bad boy for $3,750. And your looking to build one for under $1k? LOL

4. May1989TalonTSiAWDst

May1989TalonTSiAWDst Proven Member

Joined Nov 2, 2013
    Vancouver, ON, Canada
    Really dude, I'm truly hurt Z LOL Haha, the same wheel *busts a gut

Ha it's gonna be sick WES, ya prob 2G in man hours, its my 3rd day with the turbo. Got my dremel all raring to go :)

This is where I'm at with the turbo. I included a industrial touch screen cpu with ethernet that I built, had to use a little more than a nail to build that foo. Oh and they run at $500,000 a piece if you want one of those.

RESPECT!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013

256  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    What does that have to do with a blown 14b?? And what does the price of some board your building for a company have to do with you bro? Did you spend 500k on it, and if so why is getting a new turbo so hard for you? Instead of destroying the car trying to macgyver parts together, why not do what actually works and listen to those that really know? I mean you still haven't answered about what tuning software you plan to use or are using besides saying ECM LOL. Dude all our cars have ECM's/ecu's if they didn't they wouldn't run at all. Maybe you should try being alittle more humble and listen to those trying to help you, if you keep this up no ones going to reply or care what your doing! Don't be like those lame Canadians on war of the wheels who spent like 10k on a 1g dsm to make it not even a second faster in the 1/4 mile LOL!! Your better than that bro!! ;)

Drag Race Build 597  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

6K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    13.7 @ 101 · Galant VR-4

4K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.408 @ 112.930 · 2G DSM

2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  6. serviceguy

serviceguy Proven Member

Joined May 11, 2002
    Clifton, New Jersey
    Wow, you removed the turbo from your car and screwed an A&B PLC to a panel (from the look of it at least that is what it looks like, hard to tell since you appear to be incapable of taking a proper picture). That's impressive. How you would relate the two things is anybody's guess. Nevertheless entertaining. Keep at it, looking forward to your 9 secs runs.

2K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 1G DSM
  7. May1989TalonTSiAWDst

Joined Nov 2, 2013
    Vancouver, ON, Canada
    like I give a sh** what your dumb ass thinks, what did you suck daddy off to get your car, I do all my sh**e.

I weld mig and stick, electrician, mechanic and a carpenter, and I'm your worst nightmare on the track DEAL WITH IT!

I built a mustang and then beat the mustang shop on the track, ya they didn't get me parts anymore hahahahahahahahahahaha ah ha, was good racin

256  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  8. serviceguy

serviceguy Proven Member

Joined May 11, 2002
    Clifton, New Jersey
    Since you are starting these idiotic threads I would say you do care. If you can do all those things more power to you, I guess you have more comprehension skills than the ones you've been showing so far. With regard to your manners, way to go champ!

2K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 1G DSM
  9. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Haha!! You don't even have a turbo in your car and its a little 14b what's that really going to do with no mods and only a ECM to tune with LOL! Get real guy, your not helping your case any dude. And most of us can do everything you can and in some cases (mine) way more, so stop trying the my dicks bigger than yours game dude no body gives a crap honestly!!

Drag Race Build 597  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

6K  0

13.7 @ 101 · Galant VR-4

4K  0

2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  10. May1989TalonTSiAWDst

Joined Nov 2, 2013
    Vancouver, ON, Canada
    if ya just gonna trash talk get the f off my thread and start your own because nobody cares what your little pecker looks like

256  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  11. AwD4g63TsI

AwD4g63TsI Proven Member

Joined Jul 2, 2009
    Fort Campbell, Kentucky
    From your multiple contradicting posts, it is obvious that you do not, in fact, do your own work.

It's also obvious that you lack the knowledge to not take your car to a place that will rape you like a dealership, thus, you got raped at a dealership.

If by this statement you mean you are the guy at the track who is constantly jaw-jabbering about how his car is all this and all that, runs a 16 sec 1/4, tells you he missed 2nd gear(it's straight down from first), comes and tries to hang next to my car after your 4th 16 sec run, etc, etc.....then you sir definitely are my worst nightmare on the track.

4K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    16.140 @ 88.050 · 2G DSM
  12. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    ^^ haha nice!! Lmao

Drag Race Build 597  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

6K  0

13.7 @ 101 · Galant VR-4

4K  0

2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  13. May1989TalonTSiAWDst

Joined Nov 2, 2013
    Vancouver, ON, Canada
    I paid the dealership because it was January and in Canada that means it's -40 degrees out, kind of hard to keep the head at a .0002 tolerance don't ya think.

Anyways, my baby's naked LOL, this is why I don't like the inconel steel, carbon deposits break off little chunks of the blades, which makes it unbalanced, very bad all around. Did you know carbon (fibre) is 5 times stronger than steel. Put whatever expensive crap you want in your car but I'm going with titanium.

The intake looks good

Attached Files:

256  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  14. dj1263

dj1263 Proven Member

Joined Oct 15, 2013
    Up Yonder, BC, Canada
    Bro I'm in Kelowna ...was looking forward to seeing someone close by with a DSM similar to mine...

May1989TalonTSiAWDst - Thank you for your posts, I'm new and am learning from seeing what you plan to do with your turbo....very interesting

But I'm telling you after reading everything, the guys here were just trying to help you out. So what of you didn't get a helpful response, let them look like the f&^ker...move on. When you react you stand out..

Looking forward to your build...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  15. lasthope05

lasthope05 Proven Member

Joined Mar 31, 2006
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    You're a complete joke. Carbon did that to your turbine wheel? Did you ever thing about running lean/high egts, excessive antilag, ingesting debris..etc.

You're a lost cause. Stop acting like you know what you are taking about and listen.

16. May1989TalonTSiAWDst

Joined Nov 2, 2013
    Vancouver, ON, Canada
    thanks DJ, my cousin lives in Kelowna, suppose to go visit him this spring, summer, maybe when I get er done stop by for a beer.

Lastplace, your running a 1990 talon too, over 23 years old is going to have carbon build up bud, nice pic by the way, probably don't even have a talon, sorry dj couldn't help it LOL

It's about 58mm exducer, 43mm inducer, about 26mm high compressor, a 33mm high will fit since there is lots of thread, barely, need a bigger plate that it sits on too, titanium titanium titanium titanium titanium LOLoLOLoLOLo

256  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  17. LandSpeed-DSM

LandSpeed-DSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 5, 2011
    Chicago, Illinois
    You'll be a "nightmare" on the track alright. Oil-downs are a pain in the ass.

500hp using a 25G compressor, mated to a TD05x turbine shaft assembly using stock thrust hardware, with some custom "titanium ball bearings being put into an MHI journal bearing housing... ROFL

Lets humor this retarded idea some and pretend you cobble it together. First, before it eats it's self.. It will surge like a motherf*cker with that tiny exhaust wheel. Second, you will never be able to get more mass flow from that dinosaur 25G comp. wheel than what the comically mismatched turbine can accommodate.

If you were half as clever as you think you are, some cursory research would have told you this and saved us all these insipid posts scattered in all your half-baked threads.

It's obvious you know f*ck-all about anything beyond the trade you allegedly practice and every single person reading this can see.

There's no "haters," no naysayers, or any other category of rationalized enemies.

Just people who can smell what you're stepping in and bringing it to your attention. If you want people to take you seriously and help.. you need to start being honest with us and yourself. Otherwise you are just burning bridges with an extremely helpful and informative community.

Before you reply, think about that for a while. If you come clean, there are many, myself included, that would happily point you in the right direction. Starting with the upgrade paths and VFAQ.

2K  0

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 1G DSM
  18. May1989TalonTSiAWDst

Joined Nov 2, 2013
    Vancouver, ON, Canada
    What turbo are you running land?

Here check this out, from our own guys 780 whp with TD05, don't even say its not worth rebuilding, your running 400 hp, probably a 16g

Just because you haven't done it doesn't mean it can't be done, and that's no joke

Attached Files:

256  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  19. WES_393

WES_393 DSM Wiseman

Joined Jun 6, 2011
    Colo Spgs, Colorado
    Titanium sure does make a cheap, long lasting alternative to that Inconel junk we've all been using for decades. (sarcasm)

photo-2_zps6bc6853d.jpg

Landspeed is running an HX52. His car could drag yours sideways by a chain and still run faster times than you and your space age "780whp" TDO5H.

Seriously, if your just going to cry every time someone calls your ridiculous idea... ridiculous, then may I direct your attention to the "X" at the top corner of your web browser.

20. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    ^^ Hmm from his sig right under his post it says hx52! Can you spell holset ftw!!

Drag Race Build 597  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

6K  0

13.7 @ 101 · Galant VR-4

4K  0

2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  21. May1989TalonTSiAWDst

Joined Nov 2, 2013
    Vancouver, ON, Canada
    Truth is all the guys making big power build their own turbos, I can always switch out the wheels for different combos if I don't like it, and Wes stop dropping bolts in your engine LOL

Well since my turbo is out of my car he would have to pull it dumb ass

256  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  22. 99ECLIPSEGSXDSM

99ECLIPSEGSXDSM Proven Member

Joined Aug 22, 2010
    Erie, Pennsylvania
    Can we please close this. The fact that the OP can't even fallow the rules to use proper grammar and that this is going nowhere should be enough, let a lone the misinformation that he is spreading and won't take advice on what he should do.

:toobad: yeah because nobody uses forced performance...

Autocross Build 458  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

Autocross Build 4K  0

13.5 @ 99 · 2G DSM
  23. May1989TalonTSiAWDst

Joined Nov 2, 2013
    Vancouver, ON, Canada
    I've had just about enough of this braking off, I'll be at the Calgary Alberta 1/4 mile track this summer, put up or shut the #### up, loser buys beer.

Till then I'll be tuning my car on the abandon runway beside my house

256  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  24. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Ya everyone I'll show you! I'm going to tune the crap out of my car!!! Lmao with my ECM and cyborg 14b25g-titanium-nightmare turbo LOL! :tease::notgood: :barf:

Drag Race Build 597  2

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

6K  0

13.7 @ 101 · Galant VR-4

4K  0

2K  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 2G DSM
  25. 99ECLIPSEGSXDSM

99ECLIPSEGSXDSM Proven Member

Joined Aug 22, 2010
    Erie, Pennsylvania
    I dont feel like making the 2,110 mile drive to watch you fail. If you're gonna be so fast and beat everyone with a tdo5h turbine show up to the shootout and run with the real big boys. I'll even line up next to you and take that free beer if you'd like :)

Autocross Build 458  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

Autocross Build 4K  0

13.5 @ 99 · 2G DSM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.