The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Turbo Education Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I have another question that might help others. Cause this is a big debate myself right now. Is there any good way to determine the best size housing to go with, with "X" turbo? I'm tossing around a few turbos in my head but I'm pretty set on going with a Borg Warner S366 turbo. I've been wanting to go with a divided housing to help spool. But here's the thing. Why would I go with a divided T3 or a divided T4 and how would I know what's the best size? I see some websites saying stuff like, "going anything smaller than a "X" size housing is just stupid. Okay, why? When I see guys with over 600 horsepower with a .55 BEP housing. I know the bigger the housing, the more flow. But the bigger the housing, the slower the spool.

So how does one go about choosing the BEST size turbine housing? Or is it basically just a guess to get as close to possible as what you "think" you need to have? I'm thinking divided T3 with a .78 housing for quick spool and still have great power overall. But for me, that's my guess from looking at everyone else's setup, power levels, and spool. I'm trying to hit that middle ground.

i have a question... i am building a hx35 and mating it to a garret T3 housing but my question is how does the BEP mitsu flanged .55a/r compare to a T3 flanged .48a/r

will the .48a/r in a T3 housing choke the hx35 turbine up top?

thanks

Okay I'm always on the look out for a turbo on the classifieds or craigslist near my town.
My question is what questions do you ask to tell if the turbo is good or not.
I know you ask like does it come with a actuator, turbo's shaft play, cracks. Anything I'm missing so when I do buy one I know which questions to ask to inform me that the turbo is still in good condition.

I've read this thread but it's to identify a/f, cfm, etc. I think this will be a good post for beginners.

I have a question. I have a FP3065 (3082R) leftover from my GVR4 project. Is it possible to convert it to a 3582R? I will not be reusing the FP exhaust housing as its too small for my current build. I've searched around and have not been able to find a answer.

Sure someone who deals with it more than myself could possibly answer that. But sounds to me like a question you might need to ask Forced Performance since you'd be getting the pricing from them and all anyway. I assume you're having them do it anyway.

I have a question. I have a FP3065 (3082R) leftover from my GVR4 project. Is it possible to convert it to a 3582R? I will not be reusing the FP exhaust housing as its too small for my current build. I've searched around and have not been able to find a answer.
Not without replacing the entire CHRA.

You're better-off selling the entire turbo as a good used 3065 and buying what you want.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back