1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Tucked wire harness now no spark no fuel

Posted by Arkansaw, Jul 4, 2019

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Probationary Member

Joined Jun 24, 2012
    Olathe, Kansas
    I have a 95 awd that I paid someone to tuck my harness for (because I suck at electrical things). Short version, car ran before removing harness but was stuck at an afr of like 10.5 and wouldnt change off it no matter what I did. Sent off the harness thinking it was something I did previous when I cut wires for my abs while trying to clean up my bay during an engine replacement. Got the harness back and now I have no fuel and no spark. Tried 2 different MPI's for testing and 3 different PTU's for testing. Fuel pump will not turn on with the always on function in dsm link. I have verified pins 4 and 8 on my mpi do have voltage going through them, have verified the engine fuse in my relocated fuse block is good. The car has been down for 4 years and since, I have really fell out of the car game and am very rusty. Though I am talking to the person who did the tuck for solutions, he is currently at a loss now as well. Im not questioning if he wired it correctly, as it was very professionally done, I feel that I'm missing something on my end. Does anyone have any other suggestions more than what I have already tried? Im going to try to snag my friends computer just to make sure its not that, but it does connect to link
    BW S366 42 psi -- SBR stage 4 2g head / springs/ retainers -- Kelford 272's -- JMF Drag manifold -- 74mm S90 -- FIC 2150's -- Eagle rods with mahle pistons 9.2:1 -- QM twin disk -- Liberty Faceplate Dogmission -- -8 An fuel feed line -- Wally 450 rewired -- Fuel lab 1:1 fpr -- E85 -- Link v3 with SD and boost control -- 4 inch turbo back -- BWR twin scroll tubular t4 exhaust manifold -- VRSF FMIC -- other piddly stuff

2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Bust out the DVOM, the diagrams and start testing circuits.
    Tough to say with the limited info, might be a bad CAS or the wiring :idontknow:

Street Build 120  3

1990 Plymouth Laser N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM

236  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 749  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 952  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Ouch, this sounds like a nightmare to diagnose.

Street Build 3K  10

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  4. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    I think I would start at the CAS and crank triggers and work away from that, as far as testing the circuits.

294  17

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 409  4

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 3K  21

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM

Street Build 5K  11  25

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.620 @ 108.460 · 1G DSM