The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink trouble connecting ECMlink to ECU

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9!'clipseDOHC

Aug 24, 2003
El Paso, Texas
I got the this message, java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException when trying to connect my ECU (1G, V3Lite, SD) to my Mac (MacBook on OS 10.6.6) this morning. It was connecting fine before. I'm not sure if it's a wiring/loose connection or something with ECMlink so I just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about the message. Once I connect it will stream for less then a second and then stop. Other times I connect and click start stream and get that message.

Thanks!

**Update:

I checked the diagnostic plug as shown here, diagport-12pin [ECMTuning - wiki], and everything checked out fine.

Key was "on" for all the tests.

Pin 12 had continuity to ground. Pins 1 and 10 did NOT have continuity to ground or each other. Pin 1 had continuity to Pin 1 on the ECU and pin 10 had continuity to pin 2 on the ECU.

I tried to connect right now and the light on the cable flickered on while it was connecting. Once it connected the light went off and I clicked start stream and it logged for .146 seconds and then stopped. Then the light on the cable came back on and stayed on the whole time until I clicked disconnect.

I tried it again, same thing. It logged for 0.156 seconds. All the values on the log look good and the car starts and runs fine.

Tried it a third time, without changing anything (heck without even touching anything), and it connected and started logging with the light on the cable the whole time. I wiggled both ends of the cable and all the ECU/MPI connections and it was still logging. As soon as I started the car, it stopped logging. It had been 292.505 seconds. The light stayed on until I disconnected.

I don't understand this. And it was working great before, this just started today. Any ideas?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back