The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Trboblu - 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I like that trunk/hatch lid on your car! What is it called? I don't even know where to begin to search. After years of looking, I finally scored my 95 kona blue unicorn. And the best part is, it popped up local like it was "meant to be" Your car is beautiful and definitely inspiring.

Thanks! It's that CSL Hatch from carbonetics carbon fiber. That's awesome you found one local! :)

Shane: no, I haven't. ha!

Ha! Well, I would have kept the blue auto one if wanted to go that route. ;)

It just needs something that'll hold up.

Removed the 16g this past Sunday.

Went to install the FP Green... and had a blonde moment. Realized that in order to swap the 16g to the other talon, it would need that 02 housing. So I ordered a new one today. However, it'll take about a week to get. So car is back on hold for now.

figured i should post a photo.. LOL!

Attachments

• turbocompare.jpg
    turbocompare.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 230
Damn, worst part about this build thread is that I'm caught up, and nothing further to read!
Great work MB!
So what's with the clutch setup? Are they going to offer a refund or replace it?

Clutch issue is still a mystery, as I haven't had a chance to pull it yet.

On that note.... Due to lack of driveway space and time, I am going to have Boostin install the new clutch. So will update what went wrong with that once its apart ~June 24th.

As for the turbo, I am getting it pieced back together. The o2 housing arrived yesterday, so got the oil feed line, 02 sensor and 02 housing on the FP turbo. Just have to make a coolant line and an i/c pipe and it'll be done. Despite the 3-week wait for the 02 housing, it was completely worth it. It's a work of art. :) (JM Fabrications)

jmfab.jpg

Clutch issue is still a mystery, as I haven't had a chance to pull it yet.

On that note.... Due to lack of driveway space and time, I am going to have Boostin install the new clutch. So will update what went wrong with that once its apart ~June
You may want to try this, considering most people want street/full disks to make for a stock driving race car, which usually ends up with an unhappy builder with clutch slipping issues, you may want to do two things I think will work:

One is the easy way: puck style disk, which will hold much better when you slip/heat up the clutch from launching and they disengage better than a thick full face clutch.

Or two: PTT Twin disk, this company is amazing to work with, I bought a car with this clutch in it, and the pedal travel and shifting capabilities are ridiculous, plus it feels lighter than any stock clutch I've driven. You can shift as high as your engine trans head cams etc will allow. Plus ptt will rebuild for free save for parts and if you send them the clutch and the end of a racing season they will let you know if you're having issues with anything prior and help fix them.

The differences between these two are drive ability (twin wins), cost (puck wins), mods to your pedal and hydraulics (zero for puck).
Hope that little novel helps, I love your build. GL :thumb:

Well, after some choice words, late nights, and a few setbacks... it's on there.
fpgreen_zps8cu5fijm.jpg
fpgreen_1_zpspn9pb2sl.jpg

Going in for the clutch this week. Then hopefully will be able to get it tuned somewhat.

Turbo wasa bit more of a pain than I thought it was going to be to install. mostly due to it hitting on all the stock lines. LOL!

Ever figure out what the issue with the last clutch was?

Not yet. Haven't really had a chance to look it over closely. Judging by the car's symptoms... it seems pressure plate related.

I would have cryoed another pressure plate and went with that if not from SB try another company like comp. Your far from needing a twin let alone as much as you drive it on the street. If you had clutch issues before you may not like this one eather. Let us know your results on it!

Driving it around the other day, it doesn't bother me. Pedal has a lighter feel than the SB clutch did. It's grabbier, but doesn't really feel any worse or difficult than previous clutches. This is their 8-leg version, which is a slightly different design. Then again, after hearing so many stories about QM's, I was expecting the worse with difficulty. So was pleasantly surprised at how this one feels pretty "normal."

It is true that as the car sits right now, it's overkill. I do plan on pushing this new turbo eventually. According to FP, it is capable of 500+ HP. So will eventually see how close I can get to that. :)

Last edited:
Driving it around the other day, it doesn't bother me. Pedal has a lighter feel than the SB clutch did. It's grabbier, but doesn't really feel any worse or difficult than previous clutches. This is their 8-leg version, which is a slightly different design. Then again, after hearing so many stories about QM's, I was expecting the worse with difficulty. So was pleasantly surprised at how this one feels pretty "normal."

It is true that as the car sits right now, it's overkill. I do plan on pushing this new turbo eventually. According to FP, it is capable of 500+ HP. So will eventually see how close I can get to that. :)

What down-pipe are you running? Nice build btw.

My thoughts exactly. I got the QM 7.25" v-drive. Very soft pedal and also pretty grabby. However driving it a couple times it got easier and finally barely noticed. The short pedal throw is different, im going to make a down stop for it soon. Did you get a new balancer too, MB? I got a fluidamper when i got mine. This thing climbs and drops revs so quick its ridiculous. Part of the reason it was so tricky to get used to. Hopefully we meet up at the track sometime this season!

I was surprised, honestly. Mine engages pretty close to the floor, too... but doesn't feel any different from the other clutches I've had. I couldn't tell you how they adjusted it, though. I should probably ask. LOL!

I didn't do the damper yet. Since I won't be pushing the car until it gets a built engine, figured it's not really necessary right now.

Hope to see you out, soon, too!! :)

Car went in for tuning today. Kept the torque output to around 350-ish, since I'm a moron and left stock rods in it.

29psi - 100oct (also wanting to play it safe) 402HP/352TQ. Boostin's Mustang Dyno.

trboblu-green_zpsvj5fgfew.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back