The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Transmission Motor Mount Stripped

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgold87

Proven Member
Nov 20, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
What's up all, getting my engine put back in last on my M/T 6 bolt, and I stripped one of the tranny motor mount bolts. The bolt that attaches the mount to the transmission. What's the best way to fix this? Helicoil?

Also, the bolt I have for it look really small, does anyone know a part number or what size they are?

Thanks!

Also, the bolt I have for it look really small, does anyone know a part number or what size they are?

The bolts look really small? They shouldn't. If you are talking about the vertical bolts that go into the aluminum of the trans case, those are M12 bolts. Big.
I've seen a lot of cases where a transmission builder or installer will replace those bolts with studs that are pointy-ended on top. (Mine for example)
If the bolts in yours are smaller than 12mm then somebody has already done something like putting a threaded insert in there with an ID for a smaller bolt.

Bolt sizes from 19Eclipse90's pdf:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back