The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Too many 2gb's. Post your favorite 2ga's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• Epic_b4c91a_521632.jpg
    Epic_b4c91a_521632.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 205
I repainted mine. It's happier now, and has all black drip rails.

X2. I've only seen a couple 2ga gsx's that look good and yours is one of em.

Does the larger 24r greddy intercooler allow you to keep the stock 2ga foglights, or only the smaller 18r greddy ic?

I too was in search for the right FMIC to fit with fog lights in place.
I think I found one, and although it is not a Greddy IC, it is nonetheless good enough. This particular IC has the following specs:

Core Size: 22"X8"X3.5"
Overall Size: 28"x8"x3.5"
2.5" Inlet & Outlet
It is sold bya vendor on eBay: just-intercoolers

The reason I replaced my current IC which is in the picture of my avatar, is that the existing IC was 20x11x3, which make half the core unexposed to direct air flow (the opening on the front bumper of a 2ga is narrow). So I decided to look for a short in height but wider and deeper IC. The 22"X8"X3.5" Core Size fit perfectly with some minor adjustments of course.

I will soon post some pics of the new setup...stay tuned

Last edited:
^ +1 to all of that. I do like the 2gb Eclipse front bumper. The huge air inlet looks aggressive and gives the car a factory-modified appearance. The 2gb Talon bumper also has a very aggressive and unique look. But both designs are a bit much or my taste. The 2ga is clean and simple yet still reflects the cars performance. Although I am glad I modified mine a bit, it looked too damn happy all the time. LOL

In terms of unique, the 2ga's are much harder to come by (excluding 2gb Talons). Around here 2gb Eclipses are a dime a dozen and typically beat to hell. I get a lot more looks in my 2ga than my 2gb. I mean, how many clean 2ga's are really left? Not squat compared to 2gb Eclipses, so it must be a rare sight to your average person.

^ +1 to all of that. I do like the 2gb Eclipse front bumper. The huge air inlet looks aggressive and gives the car a factory-modified appearance. The 2gb Talon bumper also has a very aggressive and unique look. But both designs are a bit much or my taste. The 2ga is clean and simple yet still reflects the cars performance. Although I am glad I modified mine a bit, it looked too damn happy all the time. LOL

In terms of unique, the 2ga's are much harder to come by (excluding 2gb Talons). Around here 2gb Eclipses are a dime a dozen and typically beat to hell. I get a lot more looks in my 2ga than my 2gb. I mean, how many clean 2ga's are really left? Not squat compared to 2gb Eclipses, so it must be a rare sight to your average person.

My gf got her94 built 2g (big brakes:D) talon awd converted to gb eclipse and she went and got all the parts and converted it back to all 2ga talon. Looks nice besides the big dents i put in the side backing into it.:banghead: oh well at least she can get her paint job now:p

WES_393: Sorry for being of track a bit, but your rims are nice...what brand are they?
Your bumper modification came out suprisingly clean, I must say. It looks original!

My gf got her94 built 2g (big brakes:D) talon awd converted to gb eclipse and she went and got all the parts and converted it back to all 2ga talon. Looks nice besides the big dents i put in the side backing into it.:banghead: oh well at least she can get her paint job now:p

Yeah, my 95 has a 94 build date. The giant rear brakes are nice... until you have to replace the rotors. :| I paid over $100 for two new rears from NAPA. But I'm surprised your gf went back to 2ga Talon. My wife wouldn't trade her 2gb Spyder for anything (except an Infiniti FX50).

WES_393: Sorry for being of track a bit, but your rims are nice...what brand are they?
Your bumper modification came out suprisingly clean, I must say. It looks original!

The rims are 18x8 Enkei EKM3's. They're an older style from back when Enkei knew how to design a good-looking rim. LOL Thanks for the compliments though, most DSMer's aren't too fond of cut bumpers. I mainly modded it to let more air through the intercooler, I wasn't even sure if I'd like it or not. But I'd seen so many careless hack jobs that I just wanted it to look neat. So I took my time cutting it out, repainted the whole thing, and loved it since the second I bolted it back on.

Yeah, my 95 has a 94 build date. The giant rear brakes are nice... until you have to replace the rotors. :| I paid over $100 for two new rears from NAPA. But I'm surprised your gf went back to 2ga Talon. My wife wouldn't trade her 2gb Spyder for anything (except an Infiniti FX50).
My girl is a clean stock type of girl. She thinks there is too many ppl going gb as well. The car looks nice though. She keeps them clean. I post after paint pictures.

Also its not just big rears. The fronts are larger by about a 1/4" radius. Case you never checked ;)

Thanks Wild and Duce! I had to keep the two tone going all black didn't look right in my opinion. The 2ga turbo cars came with the unique grey bottom and I love it so I kept it. Mine also was early 95 car being produced in 94. It had the vented rear rotors which are hard to find replacements for. So i went with the brembo setup and love it. Sets the whole car off with two tone and silver evo 8's. Thanks again guys for the love!

hey guys i am getting my car painted this wkend what would you think of a silver 2ga?

hey guys i am getting my car painted this wkend what would you think of a silver 2ga?

What color was it from the factory? (Unless you plan on doing the paint job right, in which case silver is an awesome color for any DSM)

The stock color is the purple and I am taking it to the shop this weekend its getting professionally done.

Well while it was at the shop my gf decided to install this 2gb bumper she got since po cut up the ga for a fmic but its a 94.5 awd talon.
Fresh paint. More pix later. Its black top to spoiler than rest is stock wildberry cherry.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358989343340.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358989343340.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 72
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back