The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Timing doesn't match DA Table

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeX

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 14, 2011
Surprise, Arizona
I was looking at this log and realized that the timing on the log does not match the DA table. There is a little bit of knock going on but not enough to pull 2 degrees. This is my first post here with a log attached so any other input would be great. Are there other reasons the ECU will pull timing? This is in Arizona at night with a 101 degree ambient temp if thats of any consequence. Car is running E54 (measured it at E52). Any help would be great as I feel like I'm about to make some fun power finally if I can get this figured out. Thanks!

Attachments

• log_timing_off_from_da.elg
    11.8 KB · Views: 39
We don't have access to the table or what it even looks like (that I can find) but same as coolant temps, if your IAT's are high the ECU will automatically pull timing. I would say this is the result of that, I'm just not certain how to prove it. You can test it though by locking the ECU's intake temp and baro under the ECU Inputs tab and see what happens. When you lock it though the ECU thinks the temps are 77* and you may see AFR change on the WB because the ECU will add fuel based on the cooler IAT's.

Just guessing though...

Didn't get to look at your log but the ECU pulls -1* at 206*F and -2* at 224* coolant temperature. Here's those intake temp tables @gofer mentioned. I found them on the link forums when i had a similar issue. This is from Thomas Dorris:

Intake temperature will also cause a reduction in ignition advance. The tables are laid out like so, with interpolation occuring between the points.

2G intake air temp ignition advance adjustment:

185F = -3°
132F = -2°
100F = -1°
73F = 0
48F = 0
20F = -1°
-23F = -2°

1G intake air temp ignition advance adjustment:

185F = -3°
132F = -1°
100F = 0
73F = 0
48F = 0
20F = -1°
-23F = -2°

A few degrees of timing here and there isn't going to make much of a difference unless your knocking somewhere or trying to really max out a setup on the dyno.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back