The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

1G Missing thermostat housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrimsonPaint

Probationary Member
3
0
Jun 22, 2024
Denver, Colorado
Hello! I am currently rebuilding a 6-bolt 4g63t engine for a 92' Mitsubishi eclipse GSX, and I have run into the problem of not having a thermostat housing for the engine. I have looked online and have been unable to find a full thermostat housing to replace it, so I wanted to ask here if anyone knew where I might be able to find a thermostat housing. Thank you!
 
The upper part can also be had from RockAuto.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
I’d need to see what years would work but I have a few. If anyone can ID the year on these. The top looks my 92 6 bolt.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
It looks like Amayama still has the upper part of the thermostat housing:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


They probably don't have the lower part but I don't know the part number for the lower part so I didn't check.
Have you ever bought from Amayama. I have a list in my cart from them but never have used them. Was just wondering if you had any insite. Thanks
 
I think a few or more of us have bought from them. Just wait on shipping, which hasn't been too bad on my orders.
 
I’d need to see what years would work but I have a few. If anyone can ID the year on these. The top looks my 92 6 bolt.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
The bottom one is from a 6th Galant vr4 ect... 87-92.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g 1999 eclipse gs-t spyder
    Very clean 2g spyder, only modifications is 14b turbo with 3inch exhaust. Well maintained and...
    • DSM B
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 1996 Talon TSI AWD
    1996 Talon TSI AWD $10,500- 90,421 miles ( will go up a little ) - clean title in hand -...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g power window motors. OEM
    RH and LH power window motors. OEM $40 each or $70 for the pair. Message 702-741-6987.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted WTB 268 Camshafts & Zero Tick Lifters
    Looking to see if anyone has a set of 268 cams in drop-in condition. I know 268 is on the Rare...
    • Ice9
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted 2g Diff ring gear. Internal 98-99 Transmission
    98-99 Manual transmission front differential ring gear. MD770499
    • GIB
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top