1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G Talon front turn signals not working

Posted by Joshua Tadich, Nov 13, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Joshua Tadich

Joshua Tadich Proven Member

Joined Jul 15, 2018
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    So my front signals on both side are not working. Figured it was a bulb so I bought new ones and plugged them in. Without the headlights on they dont light up at all. Turn on the headlights and they stay on but dont blink. Checked the fuse and its was good but replaced it anyway. The tears work just fine just blink fast. Put on the hazards and they blink at a normal speed but the fronts just stay illuminated. They dont work at all unless the headlights are on. Any ideas?

255  4

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  2. Ludachris

Ludachris Founder & Zookeeper

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California

Street Build 8K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)
    manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 7K  23

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    435.0 whp · 399.2 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  3. Joshua Tadich

Joined Jul 15, 2018
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Yes, I just removed and cleaned the ground on the passenger side and it is now working. Hopefully it's the same on the drivers side. Thanks for the thread tags!

255  4

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    Ludachris likes this.
  4. Joshua Tadich

Joined Jul 15, 2018
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Looks like the wires themselves have power, i swapped connectors and still nothing. I'm thinking the connector in the picture is somehow the problem. I can read power by probing the back of the connector but nothing from the front. Gona have to pull the pins and see what's going on.
    15736709544366477913194871590130.jpg

255  4

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  5. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Proven Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Check all fuses in bay, wiring, and the turn signal relay, grounds too, possible the issue could be the turn signal switch on the steering column.

6K  4

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  6. Ludachris

Ludachris Founder & Zookeeper

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California
    Sure looks like a LOT of dirt/sediment in that photo. Has that car been in a flood or something? Let us know how it goes with the connector.

Street Build 8K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)
    manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 7K  23

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    435.0 whp · 399.2 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  7. Joshua Tadich

Joined Jul 15, 2018
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    The car sat for a long time. Never in a flood. I got them working. One was the ground, the other was the actual connector in the photo I shared. Cut one off a parts car and it's working fine now.

255  4

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    ErikTande and Ludachris like this.