The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

EVOscan Tactrix OP 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I cant speak on using evoscan with DSMs, but on an Evo X it is handy to datalog ecu parameters or scan for error codes.

I would say buy the generic one for datalogging only, as I think you are safe using the $20 ones for that. But when you want to start tuning the car its probably best if you just buy the legit cable and support Tactrix and Evoscan.

Or better yet, save up for ECMlink. It is a nicer option for a beginner... If I could tune my X on ECMlink I would be a happy man...

I have considered picking one up. I am pretty green to the EVO ecu so I am playing with EVOscan to get a better idea of how the programs actually work within the ecu. I am not modding the car yet, so it felt smarter to just go with a cheap logging solution that my friends were familiar with. The AP did have some appealing features and the price is good, but the idea of OTS tunes didn't seem that appealing when I starting thinking about my planned upgrade path. I know I need to spend more time researching it...

I also have been curious what the capability is on the 98+ flashable DSM ecu's as well, but I have EcmLink on both of my 2gs already so its low priority.

To the OP, if you end up stumbling across any good info repos, lmk. Ill be watching to see what others say

You can get the car pro tuned tho on AP. You don't have to run an OTS map. I have accessport on my 18 STI (pro tuned) and evoscan on my 03 evo. Evoscan is great because it's flashable without any hardware. I wasn't aware that evo X had this same capability.

Well sure, I could. But I have never paid anybody to tune my cars, and dont plan to start on the X. I don't know if AP is worth messing with. The opensource environment of ECUflash and evoscan probably has them ahead of the AP in terms of overall options for tunability. Actually thru the TephraXmod v3 it def has more options that AP (flexfuel and SD, right?) From my initial research, AP is for beginners who want to put an intake and catback on their car. That said, I am sure it can be pretty powerful in the right hands - I just dont know enough yet...

Not being locked down to the OTS maps doesnt mean that tuning it will be easy. I am pretty accustomed to having a wideband logged at all times after having my dsm setup that way for over a decade. Can you even log a wideband with AP? Can you add any sensors what-so-ever?

It honestly sounds like the cobb ap is a nice UI for doing some of the same stuff you can do with the tactrix cable option. But it certainly isnt as powerful... For example, I dont like hearing the aggressive seatbelt reminder chime when sitting in the car with the key on and going over a log. So I fired up ETACS decoder and switched it off with a bit of code. I can revert back to that any time I want. Pretty sure the AP cant do any ETACS coding, but again, I just dont know enough about the AP yet.

You can also use the MUT-III dealer scan tool software with the tactrix cable, and at that point your laptop does everything the mitsu techs can do.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
ohhh thats cool. You tune yourself. Now I understand . Yes AP can log Wideband. You can have up to six monitors reading off the screen at once. Boost , AF, intake temp. Ect ect. AP has its on software you can download to fully tune a car. From the AP itself there's very little you can do besides load maps , set monitors , clear codes. Thats why I like it. You don't need to be hooked up to a laptop constantly to monitor or do some basic stuff.

Last edited:
You can add 6 sensors? Or are you saying it can display factory ecu parameters? If it can log 6 external sensors than maybe the AP is worth looking closer at... thanks for the heads up. Ill start reading up on it.

ohhh thats cool. You tune yourself. Now I understand . Yes AP can log Wideband. You can have up to six monitors reading off the screen at once. Boost , AF, intake temp. Ect ect. AP has its on software you can download to fully tune a car. From the AP itself there's very little you can do besides load maps , set monitors , clear codes.

Generally speaking: DSM'ers are cheap, and paying someone to tune your car every time you want to change something can get really really expensive if you dont invest in the hardware and study up to do it yourself.

It can display the factory ecu parameters. But I actually just did some searching while we've been chatting. Only certified tuners who take a class have access to their software. Now everything your telling me makes sense after I did some digging. I was pro tuned by someone who has access to the software. Now it totally makes sense why AP isn't what your looking for

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back