The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

t04b(v-trim) Bolt on Discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the proper gaskets and do not use silicone, Dave's own words. Mark

do not use silicone

Did you mean do not use RTV? I didn't get the silicone hose he was suppose to provide with the kit.

So if the kit doesn't come with gaskets for the oil drain line, what are you guys using? Cutout gaskets?

Anyone know the bolt size to use on the oil drain line since they are larger on the turbo side?

my_gst95

*EDIT* Nevermind. Awsome customer service at Bullseye. David's takin' care of it.

I don't know whats going on with my turbo, but as of right now my boost won't go past 10. Last night and the night before in second and third gear, it just would hold at 10. Any suggestions Dave? Or anyone out there that has had this same problem?

Maybe you need to adjust the actuator rod, and if you have a boost controller check that too, around what RPM do you get this sort of boost? I had mine set at 10 i beleive is the lowest you could go, i was able to increase the boost though with my boost controller. Althoughi think im spiking or the turbo doesn't hold boost.

Call me at 704-575-0787 or 231-788-5209 and ask for the tech on duty.

theNEW said:
I don't know whats going on with my turbo, but as of right now my boost won't go past 10. Last night and the night before in second and third gear, it just would hold at 10. Any suggestions Dave? Or anyone out there that has had this same problem?

Make sure the wastegate flapper is not opening prematurely. I had a problem like that and the turbo was spooling at 4500. Once me and dave got everything out of the way it was determined it was the wastegate so i pulled it off and low and behold the flapper was half way open LOL

yea, make sure the wastegate is tight, i had the same issue when i put it on, got to excitied to check it

Guys,

I just got home from work. I will call tomorrow Dave. I am really tired. I have been out since 7 this morning. I will also check the wastegate like your guys mentioned.

You guys that have this turbo install what kind of spool up are you seeing, i think i may have a prob, after putting the restrictor on the feedline the spool up got better but it is still not as i would imagine. Thanks

whitegst97 said:
You guys that have this turbo install what kind of spool up are you seeing, i think i may have a prob, after putting the restrictor on the feedline the spool up got better but it is still not as i would imagine. Thanks
What restrictor are you using? And where did you get it?

The restrictor from SBR, dave also recommended it because besides smoking i was having spool up issues, around 5k rpms to hit 14 psi. Is it normal that im not able to hold boost, i hit 14, 15 and then drops to like 12 as it gets closer to redline.

whitegst97 said:
The restrictor from SBR, dave also recommended it because besides smoking i was having spool up issues, around 5k rpms to hit 14 psi. Is it normal that im not able to hold boost, i hit 14, 15 and then drops to like 12 as it gets closer to redline.
I'd be careful about that restrictor.... It was disigned for ball bearing turbos. The orfice (hole) is not very big... It might restrict too much..... :dsm:

I use an AGP turbo with the Bullseye turbine housing. The oil lines are -4an feed & -10an return. AGP requires these lines for the warranty. I get the feed oil from the oil filter housing and still have the balance shafts. Mark

whitegst97 said:

Your wastegate flapper is open and not closing fully check it. I know because i had this same problem

I have been trying to sell this turbo with only about 100 miles on it for cheaper and cheaper, But no one can come up with the money when the deal goes through, They disapear.

Looks like it's going on my 2g gsx when I get it in a few months :D I just spent over 4 hours cleaning up and polishing the inside of the turbine housing and Polishing the compressor housing, Need to get the last of the polishing compound off it and it will be finished.

I drove my car with the 14b , fmic, 2 1.2"dp,255fp, mbc, arp headstuds,act2600clutch/flywheel And WOW... It's is a HUGE difference in performance. Unfortunatly it does not even impress me the least bit. The spool up is soooo quiet you can't even really hear it.

Can't wait to get the 2g :)

Attachments

• yes yes my new t04b.jpg
    yes yes my new t04b.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 340
  • ya ya ya my new t04b.jpg
    ya ya ya my new t04b.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 344
What did you use to polist the compressor housing i may want to do that. By the way built 6bolt is almost done wednesday the car will be running again and a week from now i will go dyno to get you guys some dynos and possibly a 30psi race gas dyno :thumb:

I used an grinding disk in my electric drill to grind all the letters down, Then used an electric sander to get out all the blemishes and casting marks, then went from heavy to lighter grit sand paper, used one of those wire brush things in my electric drill, wetsanded it so it was all the way smooth, the used a polishing kit i got from lowes, In my electric drill. There might be an easier way, I'm not sure. In person you can see your reflection in it. :)

1029TSG said:
FYI, we will be selling the proper restrictor in a week or two.

Dave,

Since I removed the balance shafts will the increased oil pressure make a difference with the SBR restrictor?

I'll try tightening the rod, i hope that fixes the late spool up. By tightening you mean making the rod shorter?

I dont know anyone who has use the SBR restrictor and it doesn't state the size, we recommend .080 or very close to it. Yes, shorten the rod to increase boost and hold the flapper door shut.

Dave,
I've been checking for boost leaks all weekend and where my compressor housing meets with the center cartrigde there is a big leak, I never touched the comp housing, with a wrench so it probably leaked since I put the turbo on. How should I fix this, I tightend all the bolts I could reach but it still leaks. I guess I'll have to take the turbo off and seal it up but is there any kind of gasket somebody sells or should I rtv it?

1029TSG said:
I dont know anyone who has use the SBR restrictor and it doesn't state the size, we recommend .080 or very close to it.
Post # 964.....
"I called SBR on the restrictor. It is 4AN and 7/16 inverted flare. The restrictor orfice is actually .045". A little too small for these CHRAs. "

Let us know as soon as your restrictor is available. If you could post a pic, it would be great. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back