The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

t04b(v-trim) Bolt on Discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1993eclipseGS

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2002
NE, Pennsylvania
Well, I need a turbo so the two that I am looking at are:

The Evo 16g

and this.. http://www.bullseye-power.com/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=38

Right now as mods I have :

sbr p&p manifold
2 1/2" Turboback RnR exhaust
act2600
act flywheel
ss clutch line
1/4" slave rod extension
JoePmbc
680cc injectors
255lph fuel pump
maft translator/3"gm mafs
2 1/2"hard intercooler piping
Front mount intercooler
3" hard intake
Greddy TypeS bov
Palm m130 w.colored screen&mmcd software
Hks type1 Turbo timer
Autometer boost, A/f ratio,Oilpressure, Egt -gauges
Taylor 8mm wires
ARP head studs
Removed balance shafts

So, I have been emailing the guy at bullseye power and he has told me that with an internally gated turbo, The one I stated above. That I can control the boost and that it will bolt right onto my car with no problems. He told me that I would hafto plug my water lines, Which would not be hard.
With the bullseye turbo it will be $830.00 after shipping with internal gate and also the oil feed and drain lines and o2/turbine housing gasket, Shipped.

An evo 16g turbo from sbr is $569.00. I will still need the oil feed/drain lines as I messed mine up, So add $100.00 and it bring the total up to $669.00, I will be doing the port work myself so that will be $5.00 for hardware. Do I need a different o2 housing for this turbo, Or an exhaust manifold?

What is your experience with both these turbo's? I figured I would just get the one from bullseye because it is bigger and I would not hafto upgrade again later down the road, But i'm not exactly sure what to do. When it's all said and done, I will have one of these turbos, But I definatly need help to guide me to one or the other.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:I got the t04b v-trim, It's a great turbo and i'm really happy with my decision:thumb:

That is why i'm undecided. It is basically the same price as the 16g but I need to buy the internal wastegate and also the oil drain and feed lines. I'm just very unsure what to do. I do not want to blow my car up with putting on the bigger turbo. My whole top end is brand new though, I just got the whole top end and side of the motor(Timing belt etc.) done about 3months ago.

I just got the EVO a month ago and if I could sell it for $500. I would get a 50 trim. I also had buschur port it. I am new to DSM's and the EVO is great but I do feel i could go with the 50. the 50 will spool quite a bit slower as the ported EVO is probably quicker than the 14B. Larger injectors would be a must now. that 50 trim would not like 450's! Good luck and let us know how your choiceturns out! Mark

eclipse2via is correct. The 16G would allow mild, maybe 12-14 psi with the stock injectors. 550's are greatn with the EVO and fuel management is required for any injectors larger than stock. I use the GM MAF & Translator and have a 255 Walbro pump. Mark
PS: The 16G can use a 2.5" exhaust but I would go with a 3" with the 50 trim.

Just to let you guys know. I just purchased my T04b. Should be here next tuesday. I will let you all know how it goes.

No problem. It might be a week more because my clutch just went out. OMG :laugh: :cry: :)

Is that t04b a direct bolt-on for the 2g as well? The link says it's a bolt on for all 90-99s, but I know that's not right :) I'm really considering this turbo over the e3b16g as well, since it will give me room to grow (plus it only costs a wee bit more ;) ).

theNEW do you have a 1g or 2g? Either way, let us know how well the install goes! :thumb:

im new to all this 4g63 stuff, iv been dieing for one since i got my rs in december , now im a proud owner of a nice 95 awd 5spd :cool: , i did alot of research , and cant figure out what is better , slower spool with 50 trim , or faster with evo3 16g, what is better from a stop i guess , from what i have read, the evo3 16g is the best, but dont wanna make a mistake, i plan on rnr 3" , i didnt wanna have to do injectors and stuff , but will if i need , whatever it takes to beat gt mustangs and stuff of that nature , also do u need a fpr for the 255 ? , i plan on running a 50 shot and all the necessary mods for all this, thanks

It CAN(keyword) be a direct bold on. Mine in fact is. You can order the turbo with a t3 or t4 housing as well. Check out the site. It comes with internal or external wg options as well as the housing options. Can make awesome power. What I was worried about was the internal wg dropping boost off in the higher rpms as many can be weak. This is a standard 22lb gate.

theNEW said:
It CAN(keyword) be a direct bold on. Mine in fact is. You can order the turbo with a t3 or t4 housing as well. Check out the site. It comes with internal or external wg options as well as the housing options. Can make awesome power. What I was worried about was the internal wg dropping boost off in the higher rpms as many can be weak. This is a standard 22lb gate.

One note -- I don't have one yet, but the 22lb gate has been reported to hold boost rock solid on internally gated 3" turbo-back exhausts. Add to this that the actuator has an adjustable adjustable range, and it's a pretty sweet setup.
If you're looking at the v-trim, you may also want to look at the H3. Similar enough maps to warrant comparison -- if you aren't familiar with picking a turbo based on maps, the bullseye guys are VERY customer-friendly and will be happy to help you understand and pick one. Of course, you could also read up on them here and post any questions you have. :thumb:
One last thing -- if you go with a bullseye turbo now, it may cost less and/or present less hassle in the long run if you decide to upgrade later. You could keep your mitsu/t3/t4-flanged turbine housing (nice craftsmanship) and I'm sure you could work with bullseye to get a new cartridge...

Just a heads up. Garrett has instituted an across-the-board 10% price increase. If you're thinking about purchasing one of these, we have 3 left in stock at these prices.

1029TSG said:
Just a heads up. Garrett has instituted an across-the-board 10% price increase. If you're thinking about purchasing one of these, we have 3 left in stock at these prices.
Still not enuf reviews on this turbo yet.Bullseye T04B,T04B-H3,& the H40 bolt ons
for the 2G.Kinda hard to believe really.Why port when you can bolt on,right?
Peep need to be feeding back if they have purchased one of these.
Need more than one review on Bullseye.More in-depth too.

While I can't review on their product as I don't have it yet, I can review on their level of service & technical knowledge: they are fantastic. In my/our experience with David at Bullseye, we've been nothing less than blown away by their (Bullseye as a whole) collective knowledge and the level of service expended on us. The service rec'd thus far is impeccable, and based upon the service aspect alone I'd do business with them anytime, anywhere. As far as the technical knowledge goes, just call and speak to one of them -- you'll see what I mean. I really don't know how to explain it in writing...

After I purchase the turbo and receive it, I'll see if I can get some pics and then review the shipping, packaging, installation, performance, etc.

Thanks. The floor is open to any questions, I will be more than happy to answer.

eclipse2via said:
16G is rated at 505cfm at 15psi. The Evo3 B16G is rated at 550cfm at 15psi but undoubtedly has more top end potential.

Scott

The older big16g is rated at 550cfm, not the evo3 b16g. The evo3 16g will flow noticably more then the b16g.

trebornash said:
Still not enuf reviews on this turbo yet.Bullseye T04B,T04B-H3,& the H40 bolt ons
for the 2G.Kinda hard to believe really.Why port when you can bolt on,right?
Peep need to be feeding back if they have purchased one of these.
Need more than one review on Bullseye.More in-depth too.
I could start by answering a few of these questions. The reason for the lack of reviews on our website is due to the launch of our new format just a few months ago. Our previous website didn't have the option for our customers to leave feedback. However, you could check out our 164 positive feedbacks on eBay. All of our complete turbochargers are bolt on to all 90-99 DSM's. All of our turbochargers are ordered straight from Garrett, they are not hybrids or hand built combinations. We simply open the box and bolt on our custom cast turbine housing, allowing our customers to bolt on a full Garrett turbo to their stock or aftermarket upgrade manifold and downpipe. We have been designing and selling our turbine housing for more than 3 years and it is being used by many other turbo retailers including AGP.

Imo it s an exellent idea
So why are ppl still buyin big16gs if that one s not laggy...?and it s bolt on...

Just got mine today. Won't have it on until next week. Let me tell you the housing is great and the sevice was awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back