The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

t04b(v-trim) Bolt on Discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really necessarry to have this ristrictor in the oil feedline? I'm having some issues with my turbo smoking, the oil return line is not a perfect fit so it bends and twists a bit maybe that's not allowing the oil tu return. Anyone have any suggestions. Im making my own oil return line tomorrow in order to have a good fit and not bend.

My oil return line was kinked pretty good, And I had no restrictor or anything in the feed line, My car did not smoke at all.

On a side note, There is a t04b for sale in the classifieds for $700 with everything included plus hard ic piping with alot of extras and under 200 miles on it:)

I am about to install an RS60T which has the bullseye housing. I did not have the gasket on the bottom of the turbo whee the il line mounts. Guys suggested RVT. Dave said NO!! If the silicone gets into the line and restricts the flow out the turbo will smoke. It's probably just a couple pages back. mark

Hey guys,

I smoked an RX8 last night 3 times. At 14lbs. Once from a stop and twice from a roll. I am not too sure how quick those are but not quick enough.

Gilbert

they run mid 14's w/good driver or something.

theNEW said:
Hey guys,

I smoked an RX8 last night 3 times. At 14lbs. Once from a stop and twice from a roll. I am not too sure how quick those are but not quick enough.

Gilbert

I heard from a reliable source from AEM that they over rated the HP A LOT!

whitegst97 said:
Is it really necessarry to have this ristrictor in the oil feedline?
I'm not sure yet. I will have the car running next week, but I wont be able to get it out of storage for another 4-6 weeks though... I will be installing and oil pressure gauge in the cabin and I am going to monitor the oil pressure w/ and w/o the restrictor. That will tell us if it is doing any good. :dsm:

do any of you guys have boost creep problems?

theNEW said:
Hey guys,

Gilbert

Not very quick. Think they were origionally rated at 250 then dropped to 245 or something now 238 or something. I beat a couple when I has my t25 @ 15 .5 psi & pulled pretty good so you should be pulling like their standing still.

hey guys, how does a TO4B on 550s @ about 17psi sound to you? Can 550s pull this off?...knock free? I already know bigger injectors will help to realize the full potential of this turbo, but this setup is my only choice, because funds are limited until i upgrade to GM MAFT and 660s. And about where should this put me with my current mod list.....plus my FMIC im about to install.........260-280whp?

i was at 90% duty cycle at 15-16psi on my 550s and 190 pump

so you're pushin it...go bigger

theNEW said:
Hey guys,

Gilbert

i pulled away hard from an rx8 with a greddy single turbo kit on it, and i was at 19psi on pump gas

so far im loving the power, with water injection now, and 21psi, here is the new kill list this weekend:

2 new m3's both from roll and stop
2 SS's, 1 with all bolt ons
a few mustangs
kept up with a viper gts!!!!(although boost was up to about 22psi)
gave a gxr bike a run for his money(from 90mph roll)

overall i like it

I have only had 1 kind of a problem recently, unreliable boost...sometimes its past 20, sometimes less

now it spikes to about 20, quickly falls to 16, and climbs back up to 19

weird, i dont get it, gotta check it out i guess :thumb:

nazthug said:
i was at 90% duty cycle at 15-16psi on my 550s and 190 pump

so you're pushin it...go bigger

I was hoping you woudnt say that. Since i was only using a stock mas/SAFC2/logger combo, i wasnt sure that would be enough to handle anything larger than 550s. Oh well, I might as well step up one-time to 720s or better. MAFT next

I always end up delaying performance upgrades when i ask questions...LOL :cry:
Thanks nazthug.

Even though 650's would be fine you always want to go one step higher than the ones you want. So go with 750's and have that peace of mind and not worry about fuel. Personally i will be going with Pte Delphi 880cc injectors they are like 850cc anyway. Upgrade once and do it right instead of being like this guy on dsmlink who got 550,650,750, and finally finished with 880. NOW if you only have AFC then you will have to get 650's then

Nice list you got going there. I took out a new g35 with bolt ons yesteryday. It was my girlfriend's boss, but he doesn't know who I am......until today.

I made her take my car to work and park right next to him!! Can't wait to see what she says.

Gilbert

theNEW said:
Nice list you got going there. I took out a new g35 with bolt ons yesteryday. It was my girlfriend's boss, but he doesn't know who I am......until today.

I made her take my car to work and park right next to him!! Can't wait to see what she says.

Gilbert

LOL. be funny if she got fired.
:laugh:

It will bolt up, But I highly recommend a 2 1/2" o2 housing once you get the money, The exhaust side that bolts up to the turbine housing, Is so small it causes a really big restriction, I'm sure it can't be good. 2 1/2" matches right up to the turbine housing. :)

Did you guys that ordered the complete kit come with the bolts to bolt the oil return flange to the bottom of the turbo? Mine didn't come with that nor any gaskets for either end of the return line. I may just go to Autozone for the bolts, and use RTV for the flanges. What size bolt should I get and thread pitch? I probably have to contact David from Bullseye since I didn't recieve the 2.5" silicone Elbow either.

my_gst95

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back