The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

t04b(v-trim) Bolt on Discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
steel_3d said:
Anyone had any problems with the new style oil drain line with the angled flange and no angled fitting? Seems like it'll be bent pretty good.
Yeah, I actually had to modify the return line. When installed, the hose would bend and kink enough for me to be worried. Luckily, I am a WD for Aeroquip, Earls, Xrp, and Russell, so I got all the fittings in stock. I ended up buying a 45* fitting to give it a little angle, and then I had to cut some of the hose shorter. Turned out pretty nice.....

Anyone had any problems with the new style oil drain line with the angled flange and no angled fitting? Seems like it'll be bent pretty good.

Dave didn't send me the angled fitting with the new drain line and it fit 'ok'. I was lucky the tubular manifold placed the already-low to4 lower. So it fit just fine, just had to bend it a bit to screw the end in. Afterward, the line relaxed enough to not have any kinks. I'm axiously waiting for the elbow they were suppose to send originally so I can hit up a dyno before my cam install and post up some comparison numbers.

whats the deal with these restrictors?

dave do i need one?

I dont think i notice burning oil but ive been out of the loop whats the deal with these

Just read page 44 and you'll be back up to speed. If you want the "Cliff Notes" then, if your turbo isn't smoking then you dont need a restrictor. :thumb:

How long is the drain line suppost to be from flange to flange? Mine does not have the 45º fitting on it, and it looks kinda short.

Also is there an o2 housing that you guys recommend for this turbo? I have been thinking of using the Hybrid Connections one that sloboy sells, but I havnt heard of anyone using it so I dont know of its quality.

ive wasted 150 bucks twice on cheap o2 housings like theres with those 1/4 inch downpipe flanges, after tightening the bolts down they bent and cause big exhaust leak inbetween. dont waste time and money on them. heres one i just bought and did a review on, only 130 bucks and good quality, and thick 1/2 inch flange that u dont want to go with out it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7958487645&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

my review i just posted.....

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173234

BTrux06, your mod list states that you're running 720's with the afc. I was under the impression that the afc would only support up to like 660's. Maybe PM me, so I don't hijack this thread. On a sidenot, I'm probably going to buy one of these turbo's in the next couple days.

o ya i also have the 3in gm maf and maf translator, the car runs and idles great with 720s and stock ecu and long block.

i installed it the other day, instals when good as usaul. i used a thin exhaust gasket and have no leak which is nice compared to my last warped o2 hosuings. boost did go from 20 down to a very solid and no creep at all 18 lbs, so i uped it back to 21 lbs and it pulls hard and no creep. most is thanks to im running a pullseye power turbine housing and this o2 housing is helping and is a nice quality piece and definantly worth the money.

Anyone with spoolup issues, check your o2 housing and make sure you port it to the gasket that you get from bullseye, as the bullseye o2 housing isn't the same as most o2 housings.

Does anyone offer a ported o2 housing that can match the bullseye gasket?

I have another question regarding the install.
What did you guys do to plug the water lines and the old oil feed hole?

2 1/2" Punishment Racing o2 housing, Matched up very well

I got the same o2 housing, and yes, it does match up well...fairly well. I think they could have done a better job on the welds especially on the inside of the housing. Some sections look like it would obstruct flow. 98spydert was able to clean his up with a dremel for a nice smooth flow, wish they offered that option before you bought it. If this one doesn't hold up, I think im going to shell out for a Victory Performance o2.

1993eclipseGS, were you able to get any dyno/track numbers before you pulled your to4b off? Your old setup is pretty close to my current and I'm anxiously awaiting a dyno pull sometime in the next month.

steel_3d said:
I have another question regarding the install.
What did you guys do to plug the water lines and the old oil feed hole?

Plug th water lines with bolts and clamps. I used the hex plug from the oilfilter housing to plug the hole in the water pipe. The original oil feed hole is the same size as a small banjo bolt, just find the one that fits and get a new one froma hardware store that youmay haveto shorten, nothing difficult. Mark

Well, not much competition, but I got the win. :D
I ran a 13.2 @ 107 when the other competitor failed to show for the final. ROFL
Not exactly sure where the boost was set, I tweaked it up maybe 2-4 lbs from 14 I ran in the trials. I launched it easy as you can see from the details:

60' 2.03
1/8 MPH 83
1/4 MPH 107
1/4 ET 13.2

I am only running 550s, so I did not want to exceed the injectors.
Car weighed 3160 LBs.
1g hacked MAF.
Modified EPROM ECU code, no other engine control/mgmnt.

thats pretty good for such low amount of mods, u have a afc right?

questhe said:
Well, not much competition, but I got the win. :D
I ran a 13.2 @ 107 when the other competitor failed to show for the final. ROFL
Not exactly sure where the boost was set, I tweaked it up maybe 2-4 lbs from 14 I ran in the trials. I launched it easy as you can see from the details:

60' 2.03
1/8 MPH 83
1/4 MPH 107
1/4 ET 13.2

I am only running 550s, so I did not want to exceed the injectors.
Car weighed 3160 LBs.
1g hacked MAF.
Modified EPROM ECU code, no other engine control/mgmnt.

:thumb: Good job man! Can't wait to see what the car will run properly tuned!

keymaster said:
Dude, why are you talking shit about Bullseye and this turbo? HE's running NO fuel management, small-ass injectors. Once he gets bigger injectors and some kind of engine management, he'll be running much faster than any 14B. Hopefully, within about a month, I'll have my t-04b installed with all supporting mods, and we'll see what it runs.

Because there's 45 pages of hype about this thing, and so far, we have got 282whp, 296whp, and a 13.2@107. Hell, there's guy out there running better than that with stock fuel pumps and injectors, and NO fuel control either. Once again, like I said, a company shouldn't let the public get the results for them, unless they know exactly what they are doing. Otherwise, you get results like THIS. But, lets keep the results coming in.

I appreciate you point.
I don't care to bench-race, more results will come soon enough.

But here are some things to think about:

What was his weight?
Do you think they did it with 16-18 lbs of boost?
I don't have a front-mount.
I have already run this turbo up to 25 lbs by accident.
The comp map goes to 35 PSI.
What do you suppose my HP will be then?

Anyways, I am not going to be rushed.
I'll do it my way with no piggybacks. ECU EPROM modding is what I am into.

NOSLO2PT0 said:
Because there's 45 pages of hype about this thing, and so far, we have got 282whp, 296whp, and a 13.2@107. Hell, there's guy out there running better than that with stock fuel pumps and injectors, and NO fuel control either. Once again, like I said, a company shouldn't let the public get the results for them, unless they know exactly what they are doing. Otherwise, you get results like THIS. But, lets keep the results coming in.

questhe said:
But here are some things to think about:

What was his weight?
Do you think they did it with 16-18 lbs of boost?
I don't have a front-mount.
I have already run this turbo up to 25 lbs by accident.
The comp map goes to 35 PSI.
What do you suppose my HP will be then?

Basically a stock car. Unbolted the exhaust at the downpipe, K&N air filter, an MBC, cranked up the boost to 19psi, race gas. 12.9@107. Hell, my GSX went 13.2@102 4 yrs ago, with an exhaust, K&N, mbc, 19psi and race gas. And a slipping clutch.

I'm glad you have the balls to post those results. I wouldn't have been able to. I would have been embarrased. The point I'm trying to make is this. We want to hear GOOD results about this turbo. Not saying yours are bad, just not what everyone is expecting. If you feel you got the car tuned well, then report what you are running. Kinda like nobody wants to hear about me running 11.52@108 cuz I had to let off around the 1000' mark due to a faulty slave cylinder, ya know? ;)

If I was running as fast as you, I might feel the same way. But I am not. I have a junk heap of a car that was headed to the scrapyard. So its running faster and faster now. Want to hear about my blown HG? My leaky xfer case? Maybe I should post some pics of my car to put this in context. I slapped this turbo in in my garage. Low budget.

If I already had, say, a FP 3575, I wouldn't be looking to 'upgrade' to this turbo. So this is mostly for 14b, etc, people looking for headroom. Again, I see your point, someone with a 14b already did this. But 14bs were around for ~10 years before they did. This turbo came out a few months ago. Can you really say the 14b is this turbo's equivelent?

I think I posted the fastest results of any to4b v-trim owners. So that's news. Next week it will be old news, and if someone had run a 12.9, I wouldn't post. People are interested in following the progress. (feel free to chime in about now, guys)

Stay toooned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back