The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

starting issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taberj47

Probationary Member
Aug 5, 2011
martinsburg, West_Virginia
i have spark, car is in time, and pump is sending fuel but i bought the car with a jegs fuel pressure reg and now im getting through the rail going back to the regulator and when i put fuel in the cylinders it runs. so why wont it stay running and what is the fuel reg pressure supposed to be?

A 1g turbo is like 37psi. 2g is 43psi That's the base pressure, it raises 1:1 from there with boost. I really don't know how to tune an afpr. I have had 4 of these cars and only 1 with an afpr and I just bought that car...

Regarding not getting fuel to the cylinders:

- Check the silver box on your fire wall. Ensure it's plugged in (there is a way to test this I would search this site, or grab a chilton manual for like 20.00)

- Check all your fuses

- Check Resistance at the injector.

- Injectors also could be clogged (I doubt all 4 at once though)

You only need spark, fuel, compression/timing. If you are positive you aren't getting fuel into the cylinders I would assume it's the injectors since fuel is passing through the rail.

I had the same problem when I swapped motors. It tuned out to be the CAS wasn't plugged in. Good luck!

You could manually test the CAS by

first marking it's current setting with some white out so you'll know where to line it up afterwards.

then remove it from the engine, while the car is in on position manually turn the male piece which enters the cam. You should hear the injectors spraying.

If the ecu is bad you can find on here the pin chart, and test for voltage coming out of the pins which would go to the injectors. Also you may have access to a spare ecu which could save a lot of time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the CAS control fuel and spark? So if the CAS was bad or had unplugged/broken wires you would also have no spark.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the CAS control fuel and spark? So if the CAS was bad or had unplugged/broken wires you would also have no spark.

This is partially true. A connection that has intermitent (spl) lack of connection could cause it to work here and there.

A break in the line which controls fuel could only effect that. I really doubt it's the CAS since he's getting fuel in the rail.

I currently am chasing down a lack of spark on 2 cylinders on my 6 bolt swap.....

A break in the line which controls fuel could only effect that. I really doubt it's the CAS since he's getting fuel in the rail.

^^This is what I was getting at (that I doubt it's the CAS).

If there is indeed fuel in the rail the easiest way to go about it in my opinion is start from the injectors and work your way back through the wiring from them. Something apparently isn't telling the injectors to do their job or telling them the wrong time to do it. Just double check to make sure everything is plugged in and also plugged in in the right places and wiring is all good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back