The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

starting issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnen1st

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 26, 2008
tampa, Florida
Sat i was driving the car like normal and it was running great all day. I decided to see a movie and when i came out the car started fine no issue. Then when im going down the garage ramp the car dies out . It wouldnt crank over or anything. I pop the hood and see the fuse for the ignition sw blew out. Since it was too late to get a fuse i had it towed home. When i got home and changed the fuse it blew out again when i try turning it over. The starter is coming on the battery is new and that alternator is good too. I check all the connections and grounds and the lines are fine. Any suggestions on what i may be? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you have a hot wire thats bare and laying on ground under the hood somewhere . you'll have to look for the signs . check the alt wires near the o2 dump first.

How do you know the battery and alternator is good? Have you gotten them tested? Even if the battery is new and may seem good,it's possible to have a bad cell and you wont know till you put a load test on it.

the battery starter and alternator have all been tested and are good. im thinking its a ground somewhere so im taking a look over all the lines to see if there is a loose ground somewhere ...wish me luck

It's not a ground, it's a short. Bad ground=no circuit. No circuit=no current. No current=no blown fuses. It's possible that a bad ground will cause current to find a ground through an alternate path, but your ignition circuit powers-up lots of things. there are lots of places to check for some bad insulation.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back