The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

SRS Catback with Megan Downpipe - 2g GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smills1840

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 8, 2011
Blacksburg, Virginia
I've searched and searched, but I can't find a solid answer.

I've got the eBay SRS catback on my 2g GSX, and I'm looking for a downpipe.

The new style of the Megan downpipe looks like the flange on the catback side can be rotated in any direction. Does this mean I shouldn't have fitment issues regarding the clocking of the two flanges?

I don't have access to a welder, and I'd rather not haul everything to a muffler shop if I can avoid it.

I am completely open to other downpipes if anybody can confirm that they will 100% bolt up to the SRS catback on a 2g GSX

Here's a picture of the Megan downpipe.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks guys!

I've read it multiple times, and below are examples of why I made my own thread being specific:

These posts were made one right after the other:

"This is the exact setup I am currently running. I am guessing you are referring to both being the 3"? Mine fit up perfectly, only problem was the hangar near the driveshaft (mine is awd) was welded on the wrong side. It still has clearance with no hangar there and has not caused any problems since installation."

And then:

"I bought the srs catback, its very good. However I had to cut and re weld the flange that bolts it to the downpipe/test pipe. Mine was off about 30 degrees."

It's a 50/50 chance, and I'd rather not spend close to $200 on a 50/50 chance.

"I bought the srs catback, its very good. However I had to cut and re weld the flange that bolts it to the downpipe/test pipe. Mine was off about 30 degrees."

It's a 50/50 chance, and I'd rather not spend close to $200 on a 50/50 chance.

The Megan DP for the GST are completely different (which is what the above poster has)

I have the same exact setup you are describing. Well had. The pipe indeed is a slip joint fit so you can rotate the flange in any direction. Bolts up perfect to the SRS. The Megan DP does unfortunately neck back down to 2.5" at the flange.

I personally lopped of the section that necks down and welded on a 3"flange as well as a test-pipe cat look alike further up the pipe. Full 3" catless exhaust (excluding the initial 2.5" where it meets the o2 housing of course. ) Hell even bolted up the old rear o2 sensor and ran a fake loom into the car for looks when they put it in the air for inspection purposes.

Got the downpipe and exhaust for less than $450 to my doorstep. some cat-backs alone cost hundreds more. Frankly it sounds great as well.

Have you found a place that actually has a Megan downpipe? If so and it's less than $200, please let me know.

Ebay

Have you found a place that actually has a Megan downpipe? If so and it's less than $200, please let me know.

Megan Racing 2.5" Downpipe Eagle Talon TSi 95-99

I work there i don't know if we got on in stock but we can def order if for you! I got one on my car and i love it. I have the full Megan from turbo back w/o cat. i like the sound too. just my two cents. mine is strait from Megan not ebay.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back