The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Sponsorship 6th Race Event Greg Collier.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great write up. Don’t ask me how, but I knew you were going to slip something in about leaving the car at home…… ;) …. Nothing like being in the fog of sickness………LOL.

As for all the advice on the pretty awards girl, I have to disagree. If you tell your wife a pretty girl is not pretty, she knows your lying. So simply put, I just tell my wife, yes, she was pretty. If she gets upset, I throw in, “well dear, I know better then to argue with a woman”. This really sets her off, but my wife is a pretty good sport. Besides, it just makes them try harder in the end, to “keep your attention” LOL.

:thumb: :laser:

LaserDad91 said:
Great write up. Don’t ask me how, but I knew you were going to slip something in about leaving the car at home…… ;) …. Nothing like being in the fog of sickness………LOL.

As for all the advice on the pretty awards girl, I have to disagree. If you tell your wife a pretty girl is not pretty, she knows your lying. So simply put, I just tell my wife, yes, she was pretty. If she gets upset, I throw in, “well dear, I know better then to argue with a woman”. This really sets her off, but my wife is a pretty good sport. Besides, it just makes them try harder in the end, to “keep your attention” LOL.

:thumb: :laser:

As far as my wife is concerned, she'd prefer to think that I have absolutely NO cognizance of the female gender. It's really funny because we've been married for over a hundred years now OMG

Hey, do you know what kinda lateral G's your pulling in that in the corners?

Microrcdude said:
Hey, do you know what kinda lateral G's your pulling in that in the corners?

Depending on how aggressively I'm driving usually one and a half to two G's. The guy that designed the G-Box was amazed to see I'm pulling close to three quarters of a G in acceleration. (I never thought about that much, only looking at my braking or "forward" numbers...)

Not to be confused with Skidpad Lateral G numbers that magazines use...

A Grass Roots Motorsports magazine writer/photographer "Robert Bowen" was at the track that weekend getting article info for an issue. He was able to get me dozens of great pictures for my use. "How cool is that?" :rocks: Here are just a few...

Greg

Attachments

• laser002.JPG
    laser002.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 217
  • laser003.jpg
    laser003.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 221
  • 208_0862.jpg
    208_0862.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 264
  • laser010.jpg
    laser010.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 222
  • laser012.jpg
    laser012.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 208_0861.jpg
    208_0861.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 216
What's up with the front bumper in the very last picture, someone rub you? Or does it just fold under at speed?

mavisky said:
What's up with the front bumper in the very last picture, someone rub you? Or does it just fold under at speed?

Only you would notice that kyle... Yes, the race before where I splattered the clutch/tranny, I got up under one of the Mustangs on a restart. I didn't think it was all that bad until we garaged the car. There was a major gouge on the drivers side fender and a two inch square hole in the bumper just above the splitter. A quick patch of fiberglass on the bumper and a splash of paint on both areas was all I had time for. Dealing with the clutch, tranny, and assembly pedal rebuilds, was the priority getting ready for the next race :shhh:

Greg Collier said:
Only you would notice that kyle... Yes, the race before where I splattered the clutch/tranny, I got up under one of the Mustangs on a restart. I didn't think it was all that bad until we garaged the car. There was a major gouge on the drivers side fender and a two inch square hole in the bumper just above the splitter. A quick patch of fiberglass on the bumper and a splash of paint on both areas was all I had time for. Dealing with the clutch, tranny, and assembly pedal rebuilds, was the priority getting ready for the next race :shhh:

Not picking on you at all, I've got some repair work on my front bumper as well :shhh:

The reason I asked is because as I went through the pictures it was looking worse and worse.

mavisky said:
Not picking on you at all, I've got some repair work on my front bumper as well :shhh:

The reason I asked is because as I went through the pictures it was looking worse and worse.

I know you weren't picking on me, I was just noting your observance over everyone else's lack of...OMG :sneaky: :cry: :p :rolleyes: :boring: ........ WTF

G ROFL

OMG I think you just set the record for the smilies:words ratio. :D

I too have just noticed the diary section and read through all of your posts. Your descriptions of the race are wonderful. You have a good way of capturing the feelings of racing. (If only I could convey this to my wife so she doesn't keep rolling her eyes each time I visit this site at home) :rolleyes: I guess I'm wondering, "How did you talk your wife into letting you race?" Mine thinks my car is a waste of time and makes it hard for me to even get time to walk into the garage.

d

bane3d said:
I too have just noticed the diary section and read through all of your posts. Your descriptions of the race are wonderful. You have a good way of capturing the feelings of racing. (If only I could convey this to my wife so she doesn't keep rolling her eyes each time I visit this site at home) :rolleyes: I guess I'm wondering, "How did you talk your wife into letting you race?" Mine thinks my car is a waste of time and makes it hard for me to even get time to walk into the garage.

d

I have to watch my Ps and Qs with my answer here as I just found out my wife looks at this site. She looked at me the other day with this silly grin and said, "What do you mean by, we've been married for over a hundred years!" It blew me away!! OMG

She's really cool and supportive of the racing. I try to make special efforts toward her giving her the attention that she rightly deserves. At first I spent a lot of time in the garage not intentionally ignoring her, you know what I mean. When she started saying, "You love that car more then me!" I knew I had to do something "right then". She likes the fact that when we do our racing thing, it's like a minny vacation. She's worked it out with her vacation time at work that she takes a Friday off once a month. It's really something to look forward to. Plus all the people that race are really cool and we've created a lot of good friendships at the track.

My bottom-line attitude is, "You get, what you give..."

Thanks for taken the time out :thumb:
Greg

hey greg,

How much does your car weight? And how much do your rims weight?(less tires)

Microrcdude said:
hey greg,

How much does your car weight? And how much do your rims weight?(less tires)

I think we're just at 2K dry + (no driver). The new Bogart rims are 5lbs. heavier then the Circle Racing ones which were 13lbs. which puts them at a wopping 18lbs. :sneaky:

Greg Collier said:
I have to watch my Ps and Qs with my answer here as I just found out my wife looks at this site. She looked at me the other day with this silly grin and said, "What do you mean by, we've been married for over a hundred years!" It blew me away!! OMG

Opps!! Did my post lead you into "difficulties"........LOL! :nono:

Well, sounds like you two have a great relationship! I would have luv'd to be a fly on the wall when she hit you up with the "100 years". :tease:

To the MRS. since she does read this forum, thanks for supporting Greg so that we all can enjoy and learn from your experiences. :thumb: :rocks:

There, that should get "me" out of the dog house LOL. ;) :laser:

LaserDad91 said:
Opps!! Did my post lead you into "difficulties"........LOL! :nono:

Well, sounds like you two have a great relationship! I would have luv'd to be a fly on the wall when she hit you up with the "100 years". :tease:

To the MRS. since she does read this forum, thanks for supporting Greg so that we all can enjoy and learn from your experiences. :thumb: :rocks:

There, that should get "me" out of the dog house LOL. ;) :laser:

The "Mrs." (Kathy) is my greatest fan and I'm finding out one of my best assets. We raced this past weekend and she saved my ass at least twice. She's starting to know my car inside and out, making "lists" of past problems and potential problems to watch out for. She's totally involved and makes it lot easy for me to consentrate on the task at hand. I couldn't do it without her :thumb:
Look for the next commentary in a couple of days and you'll see what I mean!

Greg ROFL

I just came back to read for updates and realized that I posted under my gf's screen name before. That wasn't JessGST that was me. :D

PaleDSM said:
I just came back to read for updates and realized that I posted under my gf's screen name before. That wasn't JessGST that was me. :D

Oh man.... this whole time I thought this chick Jessica was anxiously waiting for my commentary :sneaky:

Oh well, I new it was too good to be true :sosad:

Just trying to cover for you incase the wife is reading. ;) :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back