The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Sponsorship 5th Race Greg Collier "NEW"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Microrcdude said:
Does the car have to once be a street car?(Like i gotta use a chassis that was used on a street car)

Not in my class "Super Unlimited". There are tube framed proto-type 1000-hp Rolex series full on race cars that I've run against. The other classes like the Honda Challenge, American Iron, etc., you have a stiff set of rules to adhere starting with a street car that is race prepped.

Greg

We should bring down our 850Hp ex-nascar and play with you guys. Tell ya what, we'll let ya pass on the last lap so you get a bigger points lead :thumb:

Greg, I've always dreamt of racing yet was always scared of the financial commitment. Your write-ups have inspired me to go in search of sponsors. I used to run solo 1 and 2 in SCCA when I was in high school and once had the privelige to run a heat race with a porsche club of america 911. I've attracted a sponsor for next season at a local 1/4 mile oval racing in 2 different classes. One is NASKART, motorcycle engine, 1/6 size of normal NASCARS. I'll also be running in the Hornet class which is "stock" (used very loosely) 4 cyl FWD or RWD cars with street tires and "no modifications". Hopefully my season will go as well as yours and I'll be seeing you in a couple years when I move up in sanctioning bodies from USAC to NASA. Thanks for the powerful motivator man. :thumb: :rocks:

GalantGSR91 said:
Greg, I've always dreamt of racing yet was always scared of the financial commitment. Your write-ups have inspired me to go in search of sponsors. I used to run solo 1 and 2 in SCCA when I was in high school and once had the privelige to run a heat race with a porsche club of america 911. I've attracted a sponsor for next season at a local 1/4 mile oval racing in 2 different classes. One is NASKART, motorcycle engine, 1/6 size of normal NASCARS. I'll also be running in the Hornet class which is "stock" (used very loosely) 4 cyl FWD or RWD cars with street tires and "no modifications". Hopefully my season will go as well as yours and I'll be seeing you in a couple years when I move up in sanctioning bodies from USAC to NASA. Thanks for the powerful motivator man. :thumb: :rocks:

That is so cool! I've seen some NASKART's run at Buttonwillow raceway last year. They were pretty quick. I'm glad that you're following your passions and making them become realities. With anything, I've found you just have to go for it and then bust your a$$ because nobodies just gonna hand it to you.

Thanks for your thanks, and keep me informed to what you're doing?

Greg ROFL ROFL

don't worry, there's 15 cart events and as many hornet events for next season. Competing in both will provide for an ample write up once a week. thanks for the support.

How's the heat in your race situations? In your pictures I see sand... and more sand... and then some desert. The weather there looks clear... and hot. I know you're all comfy in your liquid cooled suit, but how does your car handle it? I see you have all the nifty cooling devices in your mod list, but even still, what does the beast usually run at?

No_Skillz said:
How's the heat in your race situations? In your pictures I see sand... and more sand... and then some desert. The weather there looks clear... and hot. I know you're all comfy in your liquid cooled suit, but how does your car handle it? I see you have all the nifty cooling devices in your mod list, but even still, what does the beast usually run at?

Even in that heat the car runs between 180-190. Just water and Water Wetter. I keep the engine clean enough to eat off of and I'm sure that helps. When I push more boost I get a increase of about 10 degrees which isn't bad at all. I run both fans 100 percent of the time while the motor is running and I'm sure the front foil and hood vent help big time in keeping the air circulating through the radiator...

Greg

Hi Greg,

I'd like to say that you are an inspiration! I'm 41 and have just started Solo 1 with ambition to move up to sanctioned road racing within a couple of years. I love your writeups, but would like to see more detailed pics and text of the mods(particularly suspension/re-inforcement) on your car. I think this would help aspiring road racers.

Greg Collier said:
Even in that heat the car runs between 180-190. Just water and Water Wetter. I keep the engine clean enough to eat off of and I'm sure that helps. When I push more boost I get a increase of about 10 degrees which isn't bad at all. I run both fans 100 percent of the time while the motor is running and I'm sure the front foil and hood vent help big time in keeping the air circulating through the radiator...

Greg

Do you run the SMIC for rad airflow also or to keep stock bumper reinforcement?

pkieley said:
Hi Greg,

I'd like to say that you are an inspiration! I'm 41 and have just started Solo 1 with ambition to move up to sanctioned road racing within a couple of years. I love your writeups, but would like to see more detailed pics and text of the mods(particularly suspension/re-inforcement) on your car. I think this would help aspiring road racers.

Do you run the SMIC for rad airflow also or to keep stock bumper reinforcement?

It's cool to see you getting involved with road racing, it's a blast. As far as the mods we're in the process of building a site about the car and the racing exploits ( soon to be at a website near you) :D

Yes I run a custom big side mount which is good for about 400 hp. I have no bumpers at all, to much weight to be sacrificed.

Thanks again...
Greg ROFL ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back