The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Sponsorship 4th Race Greg Collier

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violater101 said:
Great Job :) Too bad about the rim though and having to buy an extra Hoosier, but I guess you'll need it at somepoint anyhow. Good Luck with the next race!

This is true............. Probably like real quick!

Thanks

Greg ROFL ROFL

Ludachris said:
Snapped a few shots myself... had the pleasure of meeting Greg for the first time at this race. He is one cool guy. If I was a SoCal guy, we'd be hitting up all the races together no doubt. Greg's got a great race team to support him though ;) Tell your wife we say hi Greg!

Kathy says hi back at ya! Excellent pictures Chris, pretty clean shots and I appreciate it! It was so cool to have some actual DSM support at the track. Everybody usually comes to our garage to take pictures and ask what kind of car it is? I always say it's a 4 banger turbo charged DSM the just blew you V8 piece of shhhh-t out of the water!

Your the man Ludachris :thumb:

Greg ROFL ROFL

Ludachris said:
Nice video Greg - you're going to have to request some better music for the next production though :) or even no music at all! Great view though.

Everybodies a critic :cry: I'd prefer some RUSH, but their royalty fees aren't in the budget! WTF But did you see how many times I took my hand off the steering wheel? How dumb is that? :nono:

Next time :laser:

I believe our driver did the same thing with his left hand, so we duct taped it to the wheel.

Microrcdude said:
I believe our driver did the same thing with his left hand, so we duct taped it to the wheel.

Now there's an idea Greg. Can you heel toe and shift with your right foot. :D

Again Great commentary and pictures form you and Chris. Those points are building. Super job!

Tom

terefic181 said:
Now there's an idea Greg. Can you heel toe and shift with your right foot. :D

Again Great commentary and pictures form you and Chris. Those points are building. Super job!

Tom

I was thinking I could tape my tongue to the shifter and drive by looking at the video monitors on the passenger floor. Wouldn't that scare the crap out of my competitor's? The driverless race car.... :confused:

Thanks for everything Tom... As usual!

Greg ROFL ROFL

I think you would win the award for "Most akward driving position." You might as well use your hands t control the pedals and your feet to steer and shift.

Microrcdude said:
I think you would win the award for "Most akward driving position." You might as well use your hands t control the pedals and your feet to steer and shift.

Sounds like a plan :rocks: :rocks:

Great write up Greg and congradulations on the points lead. :thumb: I notice you keep talking about being down on power to the other guys, do you have any plans to increase it? Or is it just not in the budget.

Chris

chrisdob30 said:
Great write up Greg and congradulations on the points lead. :thumb: I notice you keep talking about being down on power to the other guys, do you have any plans to increase it? Or is it just not in the budget.

Chris

Thanks!
Yeah, we're gonna build a 2.3 and go for a solid 500hp. Scot Gray, my tuner, has the plans for an efficient and powerful motor :thumb:

Greg ROFL ROFL

Efficient. Mitsubishis are more efficient than most of those other cars you race. You know that Blue and Silver trans am car that was at the first race of the year? Well, when that car was up here, he blew an engine every time he ran the car. The only time it didnt blow was when it backed into the wall at 160.

Another GREAT write up Greg !!!....Its AWESOME you are 235 points clear of 2nd in the Super Unlimited class. I LOVE the videos bro. Keep up a GREAT season so far man.

tsiboosted said:
Another GREAT write up Greg !!!....Its AWESOME you are 235 points clear of 2nd in the Super Unlimited class. I LOVE the videos bro. Keep up a GREAT season so far man.

Is that sweet or what? It's so cool to be up there in points. :thumb: I'm glad Tom was able to get that video up so quick. It takes a whole lot of energy to do them and Tom's THE MAN ;)

Thanks again.....

Greg ROFL ROFL

Greg, reading your stories always makes me want to fix my car, you truly are my inspiration.....well for a couple of days anyway. ROFL I must say I'm impressed, you actually finished the race this time. :p

Nice video. :thumb:

oldman said:
Greg, reading your stories always makes me want to fix my car, you truly are my inspiration.....well for a couple of days anyway. ROFL I must say I'm impressed, you actually finished the race this time. :p

Nice video. :thumb:

Thanks Bruce, even if it's only for a couple of days... LOL! I don't know what there is about Willow Springs but I've had consistant problems there. I'm hoping my next race will stop the circle of DNF's and DNS's there.

See you at the races!

Greg ROFL ROFL

Just wondering when they open the gates for spectators at Willow Springs on july 9-10. And you wouldn't happen to have any vip passes would you? Just wanted to get at willow springs early, I live in Palmdale, so its not that far. Well Good Luck and see you in Willow Springs. :thumb:

gogeta690 said:
Just wondering when they open the gates for spectators at Willow Springs on july 9-10. And you wouldn't happen to have any vip passes would you? Just wanted to get at willow springs early, I live in Palmdale, so its not that far. Well Good Luck and see you in Willow Springs. :thumb:

Gates open at 7AM. It's $10 bucks a person for the track fees, I even have to pay it. I'll be there Friday to get set up in my garage (#8) at the end. Sat morning I'll be there at 7- sharp for tech, and my first track warm-ups at 8AM. I hope to see you there, the weekend is suppose to be full of surprises! I can't wait OMG

Greg ROFL ROFL

I have got to tell you, I would log into this board for the sole purpose of reading your post race writeups. I can't get enough of this stuff.

I just wish I was on the other coast during one of these races or that you came out east so I could come see it all in person.

:thumb:

i heard the NASA was comming to our local track, but i found out it was only the american stock cars and the formula TR. Looks like my hopes for meeting greg this year went poopy.

Reading your write-ups is like Christmas! Excellent job! BTW did you ever figure out why your tire pressure kept dropping?

PaleDSM said:
I have got to tell you, I would log into this board for the sole purpose of reading your post race writeups. I can't get enough of this stuff.

I just wish I was on the other coast during one of these races or that you came out east so I could come see it all in person.

:thumb:

I appreciate the good words. Just got back from a disastrous weekend of racing at Willow Springs :notgood:
See my next write-up in a couple of days (I need some time to chill) :cry:

Greg

Microrcdude said:
i heard the NASA was comming to our local track, but i found out it was only the american stock cars and the formula TR. Looks like my hopes for meeting greg this year went poopy.

Sorry about that!

BlackbirdOfPrey said:
Reading your write-ups is like Christmas! Excellent job! BTW did you ever figure out why your tire pressure kept dropping?

My last race was more like Halloween :sosad:

The tire pressure went bad do to a leaking seal on the two piece rim. Sent it back to Bogart and they took care of it no problem...

Talk to ya soon...

Greg

Greg,
Hey whats up, well guess something went bad to your car on saturday afternoon because I didn't see you out there on Sunday @ Willow Springs. I was there on Saturday till 12:30 had to take care of personal things. I saw you racing about 9nish when I got their, then I wen't to talk to you at your garage but no-one was their. I was hopping to talk to you on Sunday but I figured somthing went bad and had to leave. Sunday was pretty bad for a bunch of cars, I saw atleast 6 cars losing control and a truck had to get them out of the track. Well Greg till next time and keep up the good work. Hope the problem you had wasn't too major. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back