The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Show your Paint Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsidrift1 said:
Heres mine. I painted it last year. I did everything but the bay, which will be done in a few weeks since I am puttin in a built motor.

Nice work. Beautiful color.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's mine. It was painted about 3 years ago by the previous owner. It was originally black. The hood was a new addition, gift from my gf for my bday last year. Its not the factory red, its actually a Ford color. I want to repaint it either a new deep red or a nice blue pearl like yours tsidrift1.

I like all the cars in this thread, they are all very nice and clean.

But why are you putting on RICER wings? Its so tacky and played out, im sure if you had a track car like Greg Colliner then its ok. I dont get why some people do it on show cars, its been done try somthing different.

After all thats what show cars are about is being different,TRBOBLU your talon is awsome looking really clean!

tsidrift1 can I see some better pics and angle of you car, I like what you did with it. Its also very clean.

While it was at the body shop

Attachments

• 25184dsm4.jpg
    25184dsm4.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 904
JOEY A said:
I like all the cars in this thread, they are all very nice and clean.

But why are you putting on RICER wings? Its so tacky and played out, im sure if you had a track car like Greg Colliner then its ok. I dont get why some people do it on show cars, its been done try somthing different.

After all thats what show cars are about is being different,TRBOBLU your talon is awsome looking really clean!

tsidrift1 can I see some better pics and angle of you car, I like what you did with it. Its also very clean.

Here's another shot of mine. It's kinda ### with me in it, but that was my buddy's dads idea. Just got finished gettin her runnin again.

Attachments

• me and car.JPG
    me and car.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,033
here it is a little bigger, Sorry for reposting

Attachments

• me and car big.jpg
    me and car big.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 891
Can anyone recommend a very good body shop that can paint my car? Im in the north hollywood, CA area.

tsidrift1 said:
here it is a little bigger, Sorry for reposting
got any pics of the back on the car? nice looking from the front IMO.

JeffTSi924 said:
a year or so back when the paint was fresh:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Jaguar British Racing Green on bottom
Black with green pearl on top

I just decided what colour my car is getting painted. That looks so so so nice. Suck that i wont have any money for it till next year. If you dont mind me asking what did that cost you?

Here ya go. We painted this and did all the body work ourselves.

Attachments

• talon2.jpeg
    talon2.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 951
  • talonrear2.jpeg
    talonrear2.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 965
That orange Talon is hot!! There are some nice paint jobs in this thread. :thumb:

Mine is still the blue with the purple pearl that are shown in my gallary. As soon as I have it running again it's going in for paint. I will probably go with a white and pearl combo.

devlish said:
got any pics of the back on the car? nice looking from the front IMO.

here ya go

Attachments

• back one.jpg
    back one.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 868
Man I had a nice silver paint job, then one day i come out into the garage to find my German Shorthair jumpin all over my car trying to get some birds on the carage door...

sweet stuff sk8.... does anyone else have some cool graphics that accualy look good on the car. just trying to see whats the best way to go

wow...never seen a kit made for a 2g talon...usually people just do the eclipse conversion. looks cool

Yeah we made the 97-99 eclipse blitz kit fit on my car. It was a lot of work but i think it was worth it. Everyone does the conversion so i figured why not be different. Now i am changing, doing a 2002 honda accord projector headlight conversion and a 2001 honda S2000 smoked tail light conversion (real smoked glass). Thanks for the comments.

I had the work done about 2 1/2 years ago. I paid $1,000 for everything. Mounting the kit molding the side skirts, and custom paint mix. Its a custom mix of white and a couple shots of different pearls. You cant see the color unless its in really good sunlight. I know the owner of the body shop I took it to since I was like five so he cut me a deal. Its getting repainted soon (cracked side skirt and rear bumper). Probably the same color. Just need to dump more pearl into it next time.

Attachments

• passenger3.jpg
    passenger3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 875
  • underconstruction.jpg
    underconstruction.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 874
Ok i am going to feel really bad but good all at the same time here is my tsi in progress not finished i got her from a junk yard for 150.00 the front end on passenger side was half way up the hood well here we go.

Ok i am going to feel really bad but good all at the same time

So whats to feel bad about? Getting a car for a steal is nothing bad at all.

who here paints their own cars or paints others? i would love to get mine painted at the end of summer, so if there is anyone here who paints in either VA or the carolinas let me know!

josh

oh yeah all the paints jobs look amazing!!!!!

theank you sk8 does the body look pretty good ?? and left i paint my own cars my brother and i own a high performance shop and we use house of kolor baby.

wow to AI....thats a clean bumper, and i have never said this in my life but nice white paint job. you can really see the differance between quality and crap work

you have flashing lights in the foggers? that would kill

sk8shorty01 said:
Yeah we made the 97-99 eclipse blitz kit fit on my car. It was a lot of work but i think it was worth it. Everyone does the conversion so i figured why not be different. Now i am changing, doing a 2002 honda accord projector headlight conversion and a 2001 honda S2000 smoked tail light conversion (real smoked glass). Thanks for the comments.

Wow man, very nice car. If I can add my 2 cents into here, I don't think a Honda conversion will mix well. I think the S15 headlight conversion would be very pretty though :cool:

billys90tsi said:
theank you sk8 does the body look pretty good ?? and left i paint my own cars my brother and i own a high performance shop and we use house of kolor baby.

damn iowa is pretty far away :(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back