The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Paint job

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTurboEclipse said:
a GOOD paintjob without any kind of hookups is going to start around 1500+
if you cant hang with that and lowball.. just get the cheap maaco stuff if thats the only price one is willing to pay.. or find a hookup

here is my black paint job

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ill tell you one thing.. it was more than 1500.. and its a 95, so there was body work needed to do full conversion..

That car looks sick. :thumb:

That carbon fiber hood on the blue car looks retarded.

tsigoespssssshh or whatever his name is has a badass blue 2g, too bad its being ripped apart.

m1nd64m3 said:
That carbon fiber hood on the blue car looks retarded.

tsigoespssssshh or whatever his name is has a badass blue 2g, too bad its being ripped apart.

Beauty is in the eye of beholder?

What I dont like about the hood is the way the whole thing bulges out to make up for the hump on the drivers side. I think the vent is cool looking, just the bulge really ruins the front end for me.

so i was going with a gun metal for mine, until i saw that blue 2g right then *drools*

most expensive thing about painting a car is the labor.....body work. You can get the cheapest paint products in the world, but have the best body man work on your car and make sure the body lines are perfect and bondo/fiberglass has set right........and still have a real nice looking paint job. The paint is only going to look as nice as the body work will let it. Granted, some paints cost more i.e. HOK, however, there is a reason body work is so costly, ITS IMPORTANT AND DIFFICULT(to do right). Just my .02c

ps. I did all my own body work on my first dsm(check gallery, suzuki gsx-r blue) and it was a learning experience. My step-father owns a very reputatable body shop in MI. And my brother works for one of the most talented airbrush/painters in the Midwest.

I work at a performance shop , we usually charge people $1300-$1500 (2drs) depending how big the car is (example 2dr or 4x4) .For $1500 they get the best paint job. Our work is not the best and theres no such thing as the best unless you painted your car in millions of places. So for 3g that too too much. Maybe im just in nyc that why.

just like the old saying goes........you get what you pay for. pay 1,000$ you get a 1,000$ paint job. Pay 3,000$ get a 3,000$ paint job.

My brother had his car painted about 9 months ago for about only $480 including bodywork (removing dents and dings). Yep less than $500 bucks. His paint is still as shiny and perfect just has RedTurboEclipse's. When he got his estimate done I thought he went to :tease: Maaco. But when I came home that day and saw a totally different car in the driveway I fell in love. I think it depends on who does the work and how much work they put into it. The shop he went to is called Affordable Paint and Body so I guess the name really has a meaning. Things are a lot better in Florida.:D

Oh and Btw: 3 base and 4 clears.

I guess so........under 500$, my paint and material was more than that. Those kind of guys that do paint jobs for that much are the ones that put honest mom-n-pop shops out of business. For 500$ the shop couldnt have even made a dollar(if the 500$ was material and labor).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back