The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Show me your clean engine bays

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fresh out of the booth

Still needs to be buffed...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

here is the dyno sheet... as for time slip..... lets see i am airforce, last time i ran the 1.5Mile for my fitness test it was 12:35 so devide that by 6 gets you 2:10 1/4.....LOL

LOL! AwesomeROFLROFLROFL

Mine

WOW! I haven't seen one that's that stock in quite a while!

Everything looks so clean in this thread! Will update this post in 30 minutes haha, time to go take a picture!

Damn some very clean bays. I've personally seen tsidrift and zmann's car's and they are/were both incredibly clean.

Here's my work in progress.. it will look nice, someday.
Old setup "super dirty"

New "stock turbo still on in pic"

New turbo, cam gears, clear cam cover, etc. going on soon and hopefully within the next year or 2 a nice shave/tuck.

This is where the evo1-3 have there air intakes as factory! And they don't have no real problems with heat soak etc but because we got a slightly wider engine bay they changed it for our cars! I do prefur ours setup as I get evo guys say wow that looks so much nicer and cleaner!

Anyhow I still can't figure out how to upload pics to show on here haha but mines in the display pic sorry for that. Its only cleaned abit going to get a steamer to it this summer and I might deleate the a/c if I can get it out with out dropping the engine! Then re do the alt to the rear! Cruise control would be nice to go. Other then that its all the same :)

Just went through all 5 pages. Saw some beautiful engine bays. Gives me hope for mine...

That is a lot of very clean engine bays but I had a clever idea a while back to hide some wires that I have yet to see anybody do besides myself. I will post a picture tomorrow but I flipped the TPS 180 degs along with the sensor arm inside the sensor. It works exactly like stock 0-100% but the plug goes down and toward the trans instead of up and towards the hood.

If you do this I highly suggest putting a small amount of dielectric grease inside the plug just to make sure water doesnt get in. With the plug in this position any water dripping down from the top could make it into the connector and cause premature corrosion of your wires.

Hmmm now im wondering if I can flip the internals of the CAS somehow. I really would need to take a black top apart...

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a lot of very clean engine bays but I had a clever idea a while back to hide some wires that I have yet to see anybody do besides myself. I will post a picture tomorrow but I flipped the TPS 180 degs along with the sensor arm inside the sensor. It works exactly like stock 0-100% but the plug goes down and toward the trans instead of up and towards the hood.

If you do this I highly suggest putting a small amount of dielectric grease inside the plug just to make sure water doesnt get in. With the plug in this position any water dripping down from the top could make it into the connector and cause premature corrosion of your wires.

Hmmm now im wondering if I can flip the internals of the CAS somehow. I really would need to take a black top apart...

That's because you're not looking hard enough. I know that Calan has done it and I copied him when I rerouted my harness.

Here is Calan's:
blog_attachment.php

Here I am talking about mine:
First I rerouted the TPS plug so it follows the new CAS route. No more TPS circling around the Intake Manifold. However for the plug to work routed this way the actual TPS needs to be rotated 180 degrees. Now the injector plugs are the only ones on the intake manifold and I will run them under the fuel rail.

Also about the CAS, no you can't flip it over, you can however swap to a '90 style CAS which has the harness coming our of the bottom as opposed to the plug on the top. Check out Calan's blog for more info on that.
blog_attachment.php

Calan's engine bay definitely deserves to be posted on this thread so here it is:
blog_attachment.php

If you get some spare time go through his blog entries, the detail work he put into his build is incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fresh out of the booth

Still needs to be buffed...

Wow! A lot of time and patience involved in how clean this bay is.

99GstRacer, go away, we already know you have the nicest 2g LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back