The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Shaving 2g Knuckles to make Brackets for Evo\CTS-V Brembo Calipers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was in the market for Evo brakes and was looking around for JDM knuckles but there like $500. I had a few set of 2g knuckles and a set of Evo X and 8 calipers lying around. Then I thought of this idea of shaving the back side of the knuckles for a solid foundation to mount brackets for almost any caliper.

This process is very simple and cheap.Start with the front knuckles\hub surface bolted down flat on the milling table so that every thing would be square with the the front knuckles\hub surface . A good machinist would lightly resurface the front hub face first.
The 6 yellow marked holes in the picture, there are all on the same level across. Mill out that raised border circle in red until it flush with the area circled in yellow, it’s about 1\4" of material that is be removed. Run laps around the area circle in yellow for a perfectly leveled out surface for the bracket plate to sit on. There is no stepping down needed just a little resurfacing is good enough.
Once you got the bracket on you could cut off the stock mounting holes\ears if they interfere with the caliper.
The milling process will cost about $30-40 at any machine shop, if you can rough cut most of metal off with a grinder/cutting wheel that will reduce some work for the machinist.
I could hook you guys up with bracket made for Evo 8\9\X with Evo rotors or CTS-V Brembo with 14”. There CNC cut out of 3\8” steel so you could weld them to the knuckles if wished. Please pm if you need these brackets made.
YouTube - dsm 2g evo 8 9 X brake Bracket

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 2,892
  • 86.JPG
    86.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 4,082
  • IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,349
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back