The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Saab 350cc/min 33lb/hr for a 420a turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eleclipse99

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 14, 2010
c, Europe
hey guys, well i have 4 fuel injectors from a saab, they are 350cc/min 33lb/hr red tops, all i want to know is, if i can use them on my 420a with a Vortech SFMU,for 6psi DD and 8-9 psi on the track? or are they too big?

here is the injectors specs.

INJECTOR SPECS:

Part number: 0280150431

Brand: BOSCH

Design: EV1 4 Hole Disc Type

Connector Type: EV1

Flow Rate 33 lb/hr

Ohm: 12.0

Dumb for me to ask, but can you break down what all those numbers mean?

The numbers /hr thing?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

The numbers /hr thing?

cc/min and lb/hr are units that describe flow rate. The larger the number, the greater the flow.

cc/min = 10.5 * lb/hr (roughly)

so...

~350cc/min = 10.5 * 33lb/hr

What turbo are you going to be running with those? In case you don't know, a large enough turbo can over run those at even 8psi.

Let's say you wanted to do it on a EVO 3 b16g you wouldn't be able to run the wastegate pressure with those. That turbo on 450cc injectors is pretty much maxing them out at 10-11 psi.

If you were going to run something like a 13g or a t-25 I don't see 8-10 psi being a big deal, but I may be wrong because I don't know the flow rate for either turbo well enough to give a good solid answer. I can how ever give you an idea of how to find out.

Vfaq, has all the MHI turbos flow rates listed on their site. There is a calculater that calculates airflow by CFM, and then you put desired boost level and your injector size and fuel pressure. If i remember right it gives you the injector duty by a rough estimate. Hope that helps.

Thank you for clearing that up. I need to learn this kind of information in the long run

If you don't mind me asking, what turbo are you wanting to run and what kind of power goal do you have?

thank you guys for the reply.

You can use your stock for those levels of boost.
so, i can use stock fuel injectors and the SFMU? or i don't need the SFMU? the reason i want to run the SFMU is because, i want to be safe and not brake nothing, because my engine is stock on everything
If you don't mind me asking, what turbo are you wanting to run and what kind of power goal do you have?
i want to run a Garrett, compressor .70 a/r TO4E cover i believe is a 57 trim. turbine side maybe .63 a/r Looks to be a T31 turbine wheel

right now i'm running 4psi :p but i want to run 6-7psi DD safety

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back