The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

[RESOLVED] SRS dial in steering wheel column?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM4me44

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 2, 2004
Medina, Ohio
I recently had to swap out my steering wheel column. I put the turning signal and wipe controls on the new column and what not.

Well there was this little black dial, I believe its called a CLOCKSPRING. I am pretty sure it is for the SRS air bag system. It said turn dial until tight and back up to align arrows. That is what I did.

I just want to make sure that is exactly all you have to do. Anyone have any experience with that?

the part you are dealing with is called the clock spring. it has the wires for your air bag so when you turn your steering wheel you don't twist your wires but I think all it does it put in line your wheel to your column so that basically it knows when to shut your turn signals off? i am not quite sure best way to explain it but if you have air bag you do need that clockspring. basically turn it all the way one direction it will stop. then turn it back 3 full turns and your in the neutral position again that is where you want to install it. hope this helps. if i mest up anywhere anyone else please feel free to correct/ add. thanks.

Thats what I did. I read an article I found on google. It stated that you turn it 3 times counter clockwise after it is tight and align marks.

The clockspring itself said tighten clockwise and then turn roughly 3 1/8 turn counter to align marks. It was more like 3 1/2 turns for me.

The clockspring also has a wire for your horn. It's the green/red stripe wire. If it isn't connected properly, your horn won't work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back