The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Replacement rear axles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

circuit

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 13, 2009
Fremont, California
Helping my friend with his 2G (95 GSX). I am pretty sure the driver's side rear axle boot (where it goes into the diff) is completely torn and leaking.

A few questions:
1. Not sure how long it has been like this, but assuming it has been a while, is the axle toast?
2. Where can we get a replacement axle? DSM graveyard only has their "race" axles and those don't look like they will drop in.

Thanks in advance!

Just check his bearings to see if they were worn from the missing fluid or if you have any popping while in reverse. if it's in good shape, you should be able to rebuild it. you can get an Axle assy from somewhere like carpartwholesale.com or innerauto if you want to change it.

Are u sure you can find replacement rear Axles? Cause I had. A hell of a time finding some for my 1g, maybe that is the difference.

It's not that hard finding axles for a 2G. They will be OEM replacements, but not the original Axle. you can probably call Mitsubishi and get an original item, but extremely pricey. I've never tried ordering anything from mitsubishi besides an OEM wheel, so i don't know what they have.

I heard 2g rears are discontinued at parts stores or something like that.

That may be true. I don't really trust my local Napa and it's all i have to choose from, so i just order things like that online. The newest DSMs are turning 12 so it wouldn't surprise me if they stop carrying OEM items soon. I have a buddy with an Subaru SVX and he can't find anything in a part store.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back