The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Removed dizzy and now i can't get the timing right? Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugadddiction71

Probationary Member
Oct 15, 2017
Hope mills, North_Carolina
ok i have a 1993 4g37 1.8. had to rebuild the head and the machine shop took the dizzy out and now i cant get it to time back right. motor runs! all timing mark are right but the motor is not running right. the lowest i can get the timing down to 5' after and it acts like i doesn't want advance or retard at anytime. AHHHHHH! i dont know whats going on!!!!!! please someone help me!!!

ok guys dont know what i did but. i backed the cam timing mark up two teeth and install the distributer for top dead center and its running i mean freaking running ready to blown the tires off running! its running quieter smoother. thank you to everybody that tried to help me. if anybody thinks i need to redo anything please please let me know. i will be checking it at least ones a week. because i love how youll just outright helped me and didnt give me hell about it! THANK YOU AGAIN ANYBODY!!!

so ill do an update for my TURD. since the last post i have replaced the distributor ( which i think was my biggest problem before).replace fuel pump, fuel pressure reg, fuel filter, and had to rewire the relay the controls the engine and fuel pump. but i have a new problem. crazy ass idle. can any body tell me how to check the tps? with out an osilascope. and how to make sure its set right?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back