The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Recently bought a 1999 eclipse GS-T, having issues with starting it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaistlinLoL

Probationary Member
Jun 16, 2022
Kentucky
Hey all, i just bought an eclipse GS-T with about 123k miles on it and its bone-stock. Got it for a great deal! Problem though, it doesn't wanna start!

Heres the details. When i bought the car it started fine, I drove it home about 40 miles. And then the next morning, it didn't start! We tested the starter 5 times and they said it was fine, the battery had a dead cell though. We changes the battery and it worked! But then in 2 days it didnt start again. We charged the battery, tested the battery, and tried to jump the car and it just wouldnt start. Knowing the battery isnt a problem and the starter is fine, im running out of ideas! Any idea as to where to look or what the issue may be?

Also, the engine and such is in good condition. There is no interaction from the motor when trying to start the car. When it did start though, it ran like a dream.

Perhaps to start with, check every wire connection for looseness/corrosion. Does starter spin engine normal speed? If not, test voltage ON THE STARTER while cranking. Does it spin freely with no firing at all or some firing? Next check for air intake hose leaks (eg. loose clamps), spark on all plugs, fuel, compression.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back