The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Starting issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TALON_TSI27

Probationary Member
Feb 14, 2013
Lonedell, Missouri
So I have a couple problems an there very frustrating.i just finished putting my built head on an doing a battery relocation. The car seems like it isn't getting enough power to the starter but all the lights are bright an lit but when I try an start it they dim out an almost go dead.i used 4 gauge wires an have good grounds. Second problem U can disconnect cyclinders 3an4 injector plugs an nothing but if u do it to 1an2 the car dies almost. I know everything is hooked up right an the belts on time. Any ideas?

I had an issue similar to this with a battery relocation. what you can do is grab a set of jumper cable and use the negative side of it one side to any spot on the block and one to the chassis just to add an additional ground this may help. also make sure the positive wiring isnt touching any grounds and none of the shielfding got cut/stripped. I dont know if Im not understanding right but when you stated the car wont start and then you say when you disconnect injectors 3 and 4 nothing happens and when you disconnect 1 and 2 the car dies this leads me to beleive the car is running when you do this am I right?

For your starting problem somewhere your connections are not clean and tight or have enough area at the connection point. Even 0.1 ohm resistance in a connection will cause the starter to not operate yet headlights will work fine.
For the injectors you may have a bad CAS since that controls injectors. It could also be bad injector resistors or ECU but since you have 2 that won't fire it's more likely the CAS.

It may sound silly, but have you checked your starter connections? I had the same problem where I had power to everything else, but the starter. Crawl under and just make sure the leads are tight on the contacts. Moving the wiring around from the battery relocation may have been just enough to loosen or change contact angles if already loose.

Well put my battery back to stock location an my ecu was toasted as well. Luckily found a socketed ecu for 40.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back