The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Rebuilding Manual AWD Transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshall_308

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 10, 2008
Grand Island, Nebraska
Attempting to rebuild my 23 spline manual transmission myself. I have been looking for information on how to put the gears and what not on the input shaft and intermediate shaft. I have it tore apart already and the intermediate shaft bearing was on its way out.

Is there any PDF's or write up's out there with a step by step assembly how-to? Just seems like this site is lacking information in this area.

Anyone have any info? Business's that a guy could send his shafts besides jacks and tre?

The OEM service manual is the best training aid you'll find, basically walks you through the whole rebuild process in overwhelming detail.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/download-the-1g-service-manuals.344490/

The PDF version is kind of a P.I.A. to use but, At least the info is out there at no cost.
You can usually find hard copy's on eBay for less then $100

Whats wrong with jacks or tre?

Nothing wrong with them actually, I hear really good things about them. But the cost of a full overhaul is a little steep imo for a 20 yr old trans.

I have a FSM and used it for tear down and wasn't impressed with the detail of it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back