The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Ratchet Shifter question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_HEATH

10+ Year Contributor
May 30, 2010
Mobile, Alabama
I have a Hurst Promatic in my 1g. Great shifter. The 2nd one you listed is just a different version to unlock and get out of park and reverse instead of having to pull up or push down on the shifter while moving it out of park and reverse.

What you want is a universal style ratchet shifter for any 3speed auto trans. Does not matter if its a standard or 'reverse' style shift pattern. The shifting is dictated by the trans anyways.

Lots of info in here for the ratchet shifters.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/automatic-tranny/382649-shifting-method-drag-only-mt-auto-swap.html

thanks for the reply. I got the B&M ratchet shifter in the mail yesterday. I'll be installing it later tonight.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back