The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Radiator fan control

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green97gstspyder

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
newark, Delaware
i just wanted to get some opinions on an idea i had about re wiring my fan controls so they will come on earlier without using link since that upsets timing as well. i am thinking of starting with the vfaq 2g fan bypass but instead of using a toggle switch i was going to use this
http://www.jegs.com/i/Painless Performance Products/764/30111/10002/-1
or this
http://www.jegs.com/i/Painless Performance Products/764/30110/10002/-1

my questions are one does anyone see an issue with this and two which one would be better to use? i was thinking about getting the 185 on 175 off. thanks in advance for the advice.

i forgot to mention i am using a 160 t stat but i am most likely going back to a 180 t stat

I thought these car go into open loop below 180 degrees. I don't see why you want it to run that cool.

i just want to keep it as cool as safely possible. especially when using my a/c. after doing some looking at how the switch is set up i don't think i will be able to wire it the way i mentioned but i am running my main power to my slim fans through relays so i could use it to trigger them instead of the original fan harness. would you think the 195 on 185 off would be too low? this is my ideal temps id like to stay at if i could

switches really suck when you forget to turn them on.
dont know how many times i forgot to activate the switch in the winter in a drive thru. driving down the road i didn't need them, but when i pulled into drive thrus i would forget and then i would notice the idle change, scan the gauges and see the coolant temp 200 +degrees.
do a setup that you don't have to remember to activate.
i use link to control my fans, buggers the idle tune and i have to tune around it. i didnt know it messed with timing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back