1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Racetech RT1000 in a 2G

Posted by llxkevinxll, Jan 6, 2020

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. llxkevinxll

llxkevinxll Proven Member

Joined Jan 29, 2012
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Hello,

I searched these forums and Google for anyone running a Racetech RT1000 in a 2G Dsm but can't seem to find any pictures. If anyone has tried one let me know. Just wanted to get an idea of fitment before I pull the trigger. If possible.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Autocross Build 2K  3

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.06 @ 105.75 · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  1

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    I now want one of those, its now on my list of seats that I'm looking at, looks really nice! maybe someone will chime in that has had one.

Drag Race Build 3K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. llxkevinxll

Joined Jan 29, 2012
    Cleveland, Ohio
    My local motorsport seat and safety gear store swears by them. They can't even keep a model in the showroom for me to try. I may have to take the plunge and let everyone know. They say they are perfect for both long street drives and racing events.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020

Autocross Build 2K  3

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.06 @ 105.75 · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  1

awd · manual · 1G DSM
  4. turbosax2

turbosax2 Moderator

Joined Nov 19, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    In case it helps, here are RT4009 and RT4009W seats in my car. The standard seat is a relatively easy fitment, but the wide is tight (barely clears the door panel and it sits against the center console). It looks like the wings on the RT1000 are 2 cm wider than the RT4009W so you very well may have fitment issues with the door panel. I'm 5' 10" and my helmet brushes the headliner in my car (with sunroof). That's with the seat brackets mounted as low as I could with the stock mounting points. I have the option to switch to a thinner seat cushion but it doesn't look like the RT1000 has that option, so if you're tall, you may need to eliminate the factory mounting points in favor of a custom mount.

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/my-fuse-box-relocation-project-log.298569/page-32#post-153687691

4K  24

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.543 @ 100.000 · 2G DSM
    llxkevinxll likes this.
  5. llxkevinxll

Joined Jan 29, 2012
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I notice you have a sunroof car. I would imagine I have a bit of extra room with my hard top but I am unsure. I'm 6'2" and using the Planted brackets so that likely means the RT1000 will be too high up. I really don't want to hammer/cut the factory seat mounting "humps" but I may have to for the proper seating position.

Really appreciate the link to your build log post and the insight.

Autocross Build 2K  3

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.06 @ 105.75 · 2G DSM

Street Build 1K  1

awd · manual · 1G DSM
  6. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    Cutting the floor is 100% needed to get lower and if you do a cage its even more critical to do it. Im lower to the floor and still have a close head to the cage but if i had no cage it would be ok.

If you could make something that make it sit on the factory floor humps or just over it rsther then using brackets then brackets you would be much better off

Road Race Build 10K  10  55

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    175 whp · 180.1 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  7. turbosax2

turbosax2 Moderator

Joined Nov 19, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    My brother has the same seats in his non-sunroof car. Off the top of my head (pun intended), I think it's about a 1.5-2" difference for head clearance. I tried the Planted brackets before designing my own and there was absolutely no way they would work, they just sit too high. I'm pretty sure you'll have to cut out the humps for clearance in your situation.

4K  24

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.543 @ 100.000 · 2G DSM
  8. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    What about just welding up some feet on the aftermarket seat?

Drag Race Build 3K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM