The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Quick UEGO Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazyjoker77

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 9, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB_Canada
okay so my new aem wideband came in the mail today and I'm gonna be installing it tomorrow morning. And would love a little bit of clarification on a couple of things.

I plan on running it in place of my rear o2 sensor in my catless Megan exhaust.

1. Since the original downstream o2 sensor is going to be removed i have to use the aem to feed the signal to the ecu correct? Now the instruction give 5 options for calibrating the gauge and i will just quote the instructions

"When set to P0 the gauge displays AFR values. P1 is the same as P0 but displays lambda.These settings implement a linear calibration with the most useful voltage range possible (0-5v). The AFR calibration P2 is linear and similar to P1 with a smaller voltage range (1-2v). The AFR calibration P3 emulates the Autronic wideband O2 sensor calibration(0-1v). The AFR calibration p4 emulates a non linear Nernst Cell calibration (0-1v)"

Now i believe i need to use P4 in order to use the white wire from the gauge to feed the rear O2 sensor pin on the ecu. (since the stock sensor is a nernst cell type and the ecu needs a 0-1v input) But will choosing this option affect in how the actual gauge reads out or is this option only affect the white aux out wire? Also when option p4 is chosen will the gauge display lambda or AFR?

Also any other tips for installing a EUGO in a 2g people could throw my way would be greatly appreciated as i know alot of people are running the gauge in this setup. As well does the seat need to be removed in order run the wire through the floor(i plan on using the stock rear o2 wiring route)

I'm not to sure on how the uego works, but i do know that people have experienced problems using the rear o2 bung. I would put it 36"away from your turbo since that's what they recommend.

I'm not to sure on how the uego works, but i do know that people have experienced problems using the rear o2 bung. I would put it 36"away from your turbo since that's what they recommend.

I agree, the purpose of a wideband is to get accurate A/F ratios. Putting it in the rear isnt going to read as accurate as putting it right before the flex section in your downpipe. If you have a flex section...

I agree, the purpose of a wideband is to get accurate A/F ratios. Putting it in the rear isnt going to read as accurate as putting it right before the flex section in your downpipe. If you have a flex section...

I read threw pretty much all the threads on here about the UEGO and it seems alot of dsmers are running it in this configuration. As for mounting it where its mounted now is only 19" further than were i could put it before the flex section. As well i dont see where its mounted in the exhaust will really have any effect unless you have a exhaust leak.

Also all the widebands they use at the dynos I've visited simply clip on to your tip and only stick in your muffler about 6" max and some shops even tune with nothing else other than these devices...

regardless I still will move it onto the downpipe instead of the test pipe when the Megan racing o2 housing finaly comes off backorder since ill have to drop the DP anyway to install the o2 housing but for now this will do.

P.S. Its already installed as per my first post now and seems to be reading just fine. and sending the proper voltage out the white wire.

To each his own, but wouldnt you feel better knowing that your a/f readings are on the money. If you mount it in the rear 02 bung you may never know your true a/f ratio. Or do a test and see the difference between mounting it 36" into the exhaust stream, and then into the 02 bung. I'm willing to bet that your results will vary.

Or why don't you call AEM first and see what they have to say.
Rule of thumb is that the O2 sensor should be at least x3 lenghts of turbine wheel diameter away, so that is roughly 2.5x3=7.5" away from the turbo. I had mine in stock location/1G/, and now I run V-band fully 3" DP/O2 eliminator is basically at the same distance. I already changed a sensor after a year and a half of use, but I bet my readings are acurate.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back