The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Problem! Prothane Mount inserts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samvdb89

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2009
Rathdrum, Idaho
Ok.. so i got my motor all put together, I'm putting it in right now, well technically it is in. I have 3 of the four mounts secured. The Left, right and rear mounts line up perfect, but now my front mount is offset 0.25-0.5"!! The engine needs to come forward the height is great.

I don't know what to do to bring the engine forward..

I've tried putting a pry bar between the rear mount and separating to push it forward but it won't work.

Please help! it's dark and 10 degrees outside.

WTF

do you think it would work to pull the cross member off put the bolt in and then try to bolt that up? or would it just be easier to loosen all of the mounting bolts a little?

loosen all of the mounts till they are able to be tightened with your hand. Basically get all of the bolts in and lined up then tighten them down.

Will do! thanks for the help. i'll be back to confirm if it worked. after im done im posting pics haha... wish me luck. it's freezing...

He hasn't been back yet, we can all assume he's frozen to death.

It took a while when i did mine a pita, moving unbolting stuff, it just took time, i used a hammer to knock the mount in by the timing cover. I also used a rag so i wouldnt bang up my powedercoated mount.

keep all the bolts loose, then have someone help to move the motor for you if necessary. i will usually keep stuff a bit loose and finger tighten.. then go back after everything fits and tighten it all down. good luck man!

Anybody ever think that IF he pulled the mount out, he might have it in backwards....I mean the mount is shaped like this...
-0---

He could have it in like this ---0-

I'm not sure what way factory is though...
Try flipping it around LOL

Got it in a while ago, sorry i forgot to come post back and let you all know.

I loosened up all the mounts, and remove the rear mount.

I then put the mounting bolt through both mounts, and threaded in the mount.

Then i tightened all the mounts up again and isn't going anywhere.

Vibrates the hell out of the car now with the balance shafts out, but i expected that.

Oh ya, it starts now by the way, i just got busy connecting everything up.

If it's a solid urethane mount, and you want less vibration, you can drill holes in the and through the whole mount to lessen vibration, I did that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back