The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

prothane mount inserts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodreams27

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2007
lexingotn, North_Carolina
ok i just ordered some prothane mounts for me laser. everyone i talked that had them on there car said it made an awefull vibration. if this is true how do u stop it? or is it possible to stop??:laser:

That's the entire point. It solidifies the engine to keep it in place, so that it doesn't move. If the engine wants to move and it can't move as much as it once did with the stock mounts, then you're going to have vibrations. The only way you can really make it stop is to have your balance shaft installed and keep your stock mounts.

Stick with stock mounts as most people on here will never need em. Doing what the above guy said will only wear out the other mounts faster. You're better off not putting any on than just putting on one or two.

If your ever going to get power in the n/t FWD you will need the prothane mounts. We are awd so its not much of a problem. FWD needs them to help with tire hop, not to mention its better on the drive train for any car.

It will mainly only vibrate at low idle. Once you start to go the vibration goes away. People love it in my car, they say it feels like an old hot rod at idle. You can feel the motor through the floor board.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back