The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Motor mount ....prothane inserts?????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabian972

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 18, 2005
Garland, Texas
Yeah guys maybe you can direct me to the product i am looking for i need to replace my motor mounts the engine moves to much in the bay i dont want the insert that you place into the motor mount i want a motor mount made of prothane ..no rubber all prothane i hope i explained any feedback is welcome :thumb:

yeh i saw those too but there are no mount am i supose to use the factory one do you knock out the rubber and replace it with that insert and if that is the case how is the new bushing/insert going to stay in place ?:confused:

Fabian972 said:
yeh i saw those too but there are no mount am i supose to use the factory one do you knock out the rubber and replace it with that insert and if that is the case how is the new bushing/insert going to stay in place ?:confused:

Yes you are going to "knock" out the rubber piece. That sounds alot easier than it really is. I know you can torch them out, and pretty much have to use a torch to get them out, but another option is having them pressed out. I just let my local machine shop do that...it cost nearly nothing because they had the tools they needed. Other than that...you will have to press the new prothane insert into place. (I did that with a bench vice, but also something any machine shop could do for you) Just so you know, if you are putting the motor mounts on, it probably wont be an easy task and you will get frustrated. The prothane inserts fit very "snug".

Torch the old inserts, and bang them out with a hammer. Then wait till it cools and press in the new inserts. You can pick up a prothane insert kit for cheap off of ebay, my buddy just did this with his 92 AWD i think the insert kit cost him like $20.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back