The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G prothane motor mount inserts bad vibration

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redfield102j

Proven Member
May 12, 2015
Spring Creek, Pennsylvania
So i bought and installed a set of prothane inserts for my 91 talon tsi awd 5 speed. My issue is when the car is anywhere over 1200rpm it vibrates the whole car. At idle around 700rpm there seems to be next to no vibration. I am at a lose as to why... has anyone had these issues? Is it normal or should i be worried about something worse being wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Yup that's what happens when you switch from soft rubber to hard urethane mounts. All the vibrations get transferred through the car instead of absorbed by the mounts.

My vibrations are much worse at idle than at any other point in the sweep. Double check to make sure your roll stop inserts aren't bound or sitting wrong. Its pretty normal to get your ass vibrating with poly mounts, but they should almost all but disappear after stepping on the go-go pedal.

The vibrations lessin when stepping on the pedal. And pretty much dissapear at idle. Its the lighter foot driving that is weird and constant speed cruising on highway at 60mph. It kinda feels like driving a truck with a tire rubing. Its weird.

Sounds normal to me. There are specific engine RPMs that are going to reverberate the block more then others and transfer to the frame but I wouldn't be alarmed. I have gotten very use to Poly inserts with Balance shafts removed and that is a whole other sort of vibration but still only on a small interval low in the RPM range where you don't ever sit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back