The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Post your PTE 6152e DYNO and 1/4 E.T. #'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damn you got lucky,i have it on my 2g fwd at 15psi,its ok,but in about to put it on my 1g awd and looking for 25psi,it should move nice

I know this is a no brainer, but when I went to a 24 degree timing chip it really helped spool this bad boy up. Now with my Crane ignition I can run 24psi and 24 degrees on 100 octane without any ignition break up top.

I have yet to lose to someone on the road with this bad boy, it pulls like a bunch of Frat Drunks. :sneaky:

If I were going to go back to a 360degree thrust bearing turbo 61mm,

PTE T4 SC61 with:

I would do a T04S anti-surge ported compressor cover (0.70A/R),
61mm 56-trim compressor wheel
T350 Stage 5 76-trim turbine wheel or the T4 P-trim 69-trim turbine wheel.
T04 undivided 0.70A/R turbine housing with V-Band discharge

I would put on a TiAL 44mm wastegate, and a DNP T4 tubular equal length exhaust manifold with a 3" Downpipe with V-band connection.

You will get the most out of the turbo, with little or no loss on the top end and better spoolup than the 0.81AR.

It would be a good low 11 (2G) to high 10 second (1G) turbo in full weight street trim with a good driver.

1000cc injectors with a single Walboro 255HP at 48psi bfp, worked just fine with it.

It worked well for me, and I had 11.0's and 133mph traps out of it.

I am certainly hoping that the sc6152 would put you better into the 10's then HIGH 10 low 11.

I have a 46lb/min 50 trim on my car now 9:1 compression, fp2x cams, magnus intake, full race header, denso 660cc injectors, and a AFC neo for tuning. and I am 7.1x @ 103mph with a 1.75 60' in the 1/8 on just turbo that in itself is good for LOW 11 MAYBE high 10's in the 1/4 with a little better 60'

basically full weight car just shorter exhaust removed rear bumper support.

I am certainly hoping that the sc6152 would put you better into the 10's then HIGH 10 low 11.

I have a 46lb/min 50 trim on my car now 9:1 compression, fp2x cams, magnus intake, full race header, denso 660cc injectors, and a AFC neo for tuning. and I am 7.1x @ 103mph with a 1.75 60' in the 1/8 on just turbo that in itself is good for LOW 11 MAYBE high 10's in the 1/4 with a little better 60'

basically full weight car just shorter exhaust removed rear bumper support.

This is not likely in a full weight 2G. The turbo (SCM6152) with the mitsu housing is extremely restrictive past 26psi. This is the reason that i changed over to the T4 flange and gained 100+HP with a tubular manifold.

Heck, if you hit 10's on a SCM6152, you will be one of the few. There is a 10.66 @ 134mph recorded in a 1G with 557whp, and 11.36 @ 127 is the fastest 2G running on a mitsu flanged version. Ed Horman also is running a SCM6152SP on his 95 AWD doing 11.2's at 125mph maxing it out. So, my statement is proven; why would I blow smoke up your ass?

The non-mitsubishi flanged T3 or T4 versions flow ALOT more, and can easily put down as high as 650whp on a solid tune at 35psi.

Funny enough, I have seen more 50-trim cars that go faster than SCM6152E cars; mainly due to efficiency. The 50-trim is an excellent turbo for a stock block/ 2G head car, and I would highly reccomend it as THE turbo to go with if a person wanted to keep a stock block, and go as fast as possible.

Either way, YOUR car is at that point (low 11/high 10). :thumb:

This is not likely in a full weight 2G. The turbo (SCM6152) with the mitsu housing is extremely restrictive past 26psi. This is the reason that i changed over to the T4 flange and gained 100+HP with a tubular manifold.

Heck, if you hit 10's on a SCM6152, you will be one of the few. There is a 10.66 @ 134mph recorded in a 1G with 557whp, and 11.36 @ 127 is the fastest 2G running on a mitsu flanged version. Ed Horman also is running a SCM6152SP on his 95 AWD doing 11.2's at 125mph maxing it out. So, my statement is proven; why would I blow smoke up your ass?

The non-mitsubishi flanged T3 or T4 versions flow ALOT more, and can easily put down as high as 650whp on a solid tune at 35psi.

Funny enough, I have seen more 50-trim cars that go faster than SCM6152E cars; mainly due to efficiency. The 50-trim is an excellent turbo for a stock block/ 2G head car, and I would highly reccomend it as THE turbo to go with if a person wanted to keep a stock block, and go as fast as possible.

Either way, YOUR car is at that point (low 11/high 10). :thumb:

I am not doubting or hating just stating and I thought you were reffering to the sc not the scm so I misunderstood. I am trading for a sc6152e (.63 t3 exhaust) tommorow :D even for my 50 trim WTF so I really hope I dip mid low 10's next year. + a little help from a bottle. and other mods 1000's Link, MSD, etc...

Question for the OP or anyon else. What is an "S Cover"?

OH, i see so it's a reference to the cold side housing then. Like T04E, To4b and so forth.

anymore updates?i took it off of my gst and im about to put it on my 1g awd,should be alot more fun

I should have some numbers here soon. scm6152s. Built 2.3l,272's, 1000cc,dsmlink, blah blah blah

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Great turbo on the 2.3L up to 26psi; after that it doesn't make power due to the Mitsubishi flange. You can easily make 500whp on 26psi with a solid setup on this turbo, and run easy 11's in a street car.

Good luck,

I'm a little pissed off at Polk Performance right now, i took my car to them almost 6 months ago to have a few minor issues fixed and get the car tuned and they just started to finish up and got around to dyno tuning her last week. My car has a built 2.4 engine with fp3 cams and an SCM6176 (converted to 2wd for the dyno) and it only made 340whp on pump gas WTF. I told them that I was expecting much better numbers and that other people on these forums have made alot more power with these turbos but they did'nt seem to care. They only turned the boost up to 17psi and I know for a fact that my turbo doesn't even start to wake up until 21psi. Any suggestions on why my numbers were so low?

If you refer to post # 23, 37, 45, 52, and 62, you will see the information.
DSM Forums - View Single Post - Post your PTE 6152e DYNO and 1/4 E.T. #'s
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=151107265&postcount=62

SC6152E: no times recorded.
SC6152SP: Best: 11.5 @ 122mph. 500whp/460tq 2WD dyno
T4 SC6181SP: Best: 11.017 @ 133mph. 630whp/590tq 2WD dyno

GT4088R: Best: 9.96 @ 143mph @ 35psi. 645AWHP/567tq 4WD dyno (713whp/652tq--converted for reference to the numbers above) -- I am running more power than this now though.

still more to come.

What size hotside was on the SC6152SP?

What size hotside was on the SC6152SP?

I don't remember anymore. It has been a few years since I ran that turbo.

Edit: I remember now -- 0.68 A/R T4 undivided with a V-Band exhaust discharge.

I spoke to Polk Performance again and they refuse to turn the boost higher than 17lbs for pump gas tuning because it is apparently 110 degrees in their shop. They want me to sign a waiver verifying how much boost I want the car tuned with on pump gas and race gas. How much boost can most of you get away with on race gas with an scm61? Also, can I get a divided .96 or similar size T4 hotside to convert my scm61 to a true T4 SC6176?

I spoke to Polk Performance again and they refuse to turn the boost higher than 17lbs for pump gas tuning because it is apparently 110 degrees in their shop. They want me to sign a waiver verifying how much boost I want the car tuned with on pump gas and race gas. How much boost can most of you get away with on race gas with an scm61? Also, can I get a divided .96 or similar size T4 hotside to convert my scm61 to a true T4 SC6176?

26psi is around the maximum amount of boost you will want to run on race gas, as it cannot flow any more than that because of the Mitsu housing.

As for running a different turbine housing, you will have to contact Precision Turbo to get the proper exhaust housing. As for a divided 0.96 A/R housing, I assume you are talking about a T3 flange. I do know know if they have a divided T3 or T4 flange turbine housing for that turbo. As well, you would want to use a T4 0.68 or 0.81 A/R turbine housing on it.

This is the dyno sheet showing the 17psi pump gas pull. They are gonna tune it on c16 at 28psi tomorrow and see what happens. I'll post those dyno sheets up when I get them.

Jkimes - could you also post up the SAE uncorrected dyno HP/Tq numbers?

Thanks!

Good luck on the dyno!

26psi is around the maximum amount of boost you will want to run on race gas, as it cannot flow any more than that because of the Mitsu housing.

As for running a different turbine housing, you will have to contact Precision Turbo to get the proper exhaust housing. As for a divided 0.96 A/R housing, I assume you are talking about a T3 flange. I do know know if they have a divided T3 or T4 flange turbine housing for that turbo. As well, you would want to use a T4 0.70 or 0.81 A/R turbine housing on it.

Wouldn't a divided T4 0.70 be a little too small? I know your 4088 is much more efficient than my turbo, but the divided .96 T4 on your car seems to spool great based on the dyno logs you have posted in the past. I'm gonna try and get ahold of Precision tomorrow and see if they have any divided T4 housings that will fit my scm6176. I'll post again tomorrow once I get the Race gas dyno sheets and more info from Precision on turbine housing options.

Wouldn't a divided T4 0.68 be a little too small? I know your 4088 is much more efficient than my turbo, but the divided .96 T4 on your car seems to spool great based on the dyno logs you have posted in the past. I'm gonna try and get ahold of Precision tomorrow and see if they have any divided T4 housings that will fit my scm6176. I'll post again tomorrow once I get the Race gas dyno sheets and more info from Precision on turbine housing options.

I did not find a choke point using a 0.68 A/R T4 undivided flange on my SC61; even at nearly 630whp -- just the changeover from the mitsu flange to the T4 flange netted me an extra 11mph in the 1/4 mile; obtaining 133mph and 11.0's in a full-weight street car.

The 0.68 A/R will be the best of all worlds; small enough to get you the best spoolup while still maximizing torque and HP across the powerband.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back