The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Polk Tubular control arms for a 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pagosa dsm

15+ Year Contributor
May 7, 2005
pagosa springs, Colorado
what is a polk performance tubular control arm? i checked there web sight and they had no pictures or any write ups. does any body know any thing about them?

They also made a tube front cross member thats not cheap..

Don Polk will make another run of arms if he can find enough buyers. Maybe k-members also. I e-mailed him a few months ago. I will have to wait till tax return time, though. :mad:

underradar92 said:
Don Polk will make another run of arms if he can find enough buyers. Maybe k-members also. I e-mailed him a few months ago. I will have to wait till tax return time, though. :mad:

We have not made any control arms in a while. I think we have one set that we forgot about on the shelf from way back.

Polk said:
1G FWD and AWD

How would you rate these in my venue of racing? Would this setup be something that I should be campaigning with in my my series?

I spent an hour at my last race with the driver of the GrandAm series Cobalt. He said the GM engineers aren't as concerned with horsepower because the balance of the suspension and adjoining components of the car are making "turn" entry and exit speeds increase by 30 to 40 percent...

it looks like don polk is not interested in selling any of these control arms.could rusher racing take a picture of the control arm, so i can make my own. thanks rusher racing for your help

Greg Collier said:
How would you rate these in my venue of racing? Would this setup be something that I should be campaigning with in my my series?

I spent an hour at my last race with the driver of the GrandAm series Cobalt. He said the GM engineers aren't as concerned with horsepower because the balance of the suspension and adjoining components of the car are making "turn" entry and exit speeds increase by 30 to 40 percent...

No rubber bushings that wear and flex, and takes 11lbs of unsprung weight off the front of the car.

pagosa dsm said:
it looks like don polk is not interested in selling any of these control arms.could rusher racing take a picture of the control arm, so i can make my own. thanks rusher racing for your help

Lets see....I am not on here that much first off. If you really wanted a set, I not only have a email, but a web site with all of our contact info on it. But then again I see you just want to copy our design.

Polk said:
No rubber bushings that wear and flex, and takes 11lbs of unsprung weight off the front of the car.

How about 500hp of constant torque via the brutality of road racing?

Polk said:

Lets see....I am not on here that much first off. If you really wanted a set, I not only have a email, but a web site with all of our contact info on it. But then again I see you just want to copy our design.
mr. polk i do not what to copy your design but want to improve on your design. i thought this form was here for discussion to improve our cars. if i have a better idea i would like to share it with you. by the way i don't think you invented the tubular control,but copied and improved on it. have a nice day from beautiful pagosa springs colorado

Polk said:
I don't understand your question. Will they hold up? I would hope so. They are made out of stronger material than factory.

Being out of the loop regarding this upgrade my question was if the design was more drag related in relation to weight reduction. In its inception was the rigorous and constant torque of road racing on the "welds" a consideration. No intent of malice was intended as to my original or this question...

Greg Collier said:
Being out of the loop regarding this upgrade my question was if the design was more drag related in relation to weight reduction. In its inception was the rigorous and constant torque of road racing on the "welds" a consideration. No intent of malice was intended as to my original or this question...

Seems to me that Mr Polk would be happy to make us some control arms if he sees any interest. I, too, would like to know if (a) it is a road racing application (b) what would this do to my NASA points (I am on the hairy edge of moving up to TTA) and (c) how much do they cost?

I don't think anybody really wants to copy them. That only came up when it appeared that Mr. Polk wasn't selling them any more.

Rich the peacemaker

Yeah if Polk isnt going to make them, and people want them then somone is going to come along and make the profit.

Sorry Mr. Polk but if somone wishs to make control arms for DSMs since you dont anymore, I dont see anything wrong with it.

I am all for making more control arms. It is a lot easier to make a run of several sets than just one set at a time. Yes we will still build them. If we can get a few people wanting them we would even offer them at a better price.

Nice to hear, in the future ill be looking to buy a set!

You should put up some more info letting more people know you carry them, you would pull in alot more buyers if more people knew you guys made them...

Polk said:
I am all for making more control arms. It is a lot easier to make a run of several sets than just one set at a time. Yes we will still build them. If we can get a few people wanting them we would even offer them at a better price.

You have me interested.
I still don't know anything about them, how much they cost, or what they look like.
I went to the web site and couldn't find a thing.

How about some information, such as photos and price?

Rich

Well guys, I bit the bullet & ordered a set of control arms last monday. They are here today, and I must say, they are well done. Nice welds, elegant design, they look (presumtive, I know) like they would even hold up to rally use/abuse. I got the last set in Don's shop, he said they took 'em off his race car (installed, not ever run) so I cannot say how much they would normally cost, I should note that they come with new ball joints installed. I will try to post a pic if I can borrow a digital camera.

Polk you really should tell the public you make these, it could be a wise thing to do since the road racing/autoX area of the forums is growing more with racers...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back