The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Part Numbers For Attaching Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Testosteroni84

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2009
Drammen, Europe
I have some trouble figuring out the part numbers for some of the attaching parts on my 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T.
There are a few places in the engine bay where it looks like something is supposed to be attached as well.

I am using an online parts catalog by VIN.
I also check two other online catalogs by VIN as I have noticed there are small inconsistencies between them.

We can start off with the front exhaust pipe.
There is obviously supposed to be two bolts there, but one is gone.
What is the part number for this bolt?

The parts diagram shows only one bolt at this location.
The part number for that bolt is MF244884.
It also says the quantity required is one per car.

I am confused.
This is obviously incorrect.
I must have misunderstood something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Front Exhaust Pipe.jpg
    Front Exhaust Pipe.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Out of curiosity why are you being so specific on this? These type of things seem so simple to me yet here we have a 2 page thread about a very inconsequential bolt. This is not a dig. Genuinely curious. Believe me I understand. I've been doing this 27 years and every dsm I've ever owned only had/has mitsu hardware. I wont allow hardware store bolt on my car. Honestly the only reason I dont is because of the metric head size differences. I'm well aware of strength differences where needed. Guess I'm that OCD.

All I wanted to know is the part number for the missing bolt on my front exhaust pipe.
It turned out to be not so simple as everything points to this bolt not being offered separately as a replacement part when you are using the parts catalog for this specific car.
Kryndon has told me MF244884 (the longer bolt) will fit without any problems so I will trust that.
I also have the part numbers of this type of bolt in shorter lengths that DSMPT provided.

Another part number I need is for a windshield washer clip.

There are two clips on the hood that hold the tubes in place.
One of them is MU481137 (part code 84296B).
The other one I am missing.
It is designed to hold one tube as opposed to MU481137 which is designed to hold two tubes.
I can not tell from the parts diagram.

Does anyone know?

Attachments

• Washer Tank & Nozzle.gif
    Washer Tank & Nozzle.gif
    43.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Thank you.
That is very helpful.
May I ask where you found this overview?
It would be nice to know.
Unfortunately there is no specific link or so. I had read parts catalog often for my job, so I just knew that some part numbers work in this way. Sometimes it is useful if you know that.

I'm not a big fan of online parts diagrams either. The best source is the original dealer parts software CAPS or ASA.

I have looked into installing ASA several times.
Unfortunately, it was not available for my OS.

Please download a copy of mitsubishi ASA.
http://www.dsm-club.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15906

This is the dealer parts software. You can search by vin. Model number. Cross reference other models etc. It has TSB revisions. Part supercession. Etc. if you go to Mitsubishi dealer this is what they use.

I have bumped into that website you are linking to before.
Unfortunately, I do not understand Russian.

As mentioned in my previous post, I have looked into installing ASA several times.
It was not available for my OS.

I know how the software works.
The part diagrams I have are the same drawings as far as I know and therefore I would have the same problem identifying the part numbers.

I remember now I used an online translator for that website at the time I came across it.
I did it again just to be certain and it does not specify software compatability for ASA.

Last edited by a moderator:
The diagrams do not contain part numbers. Fish around. As far as I know mitsu still uses it so it's out there for newer software. I ran it on win 7 if I recall.

The diagrams do not contain part numbers.

My point is the drawings are still the same.
In many cases they are difficult to understand.

Does the freeware run on Windows 10 x64?
Because it did not the last time I checked...

I believe you must pay for a version that is compatible with that OS.
Maybe someone can confirm?

I found a photograph showing both of the clips in place.
In the red circle is part number MU481137 (part code 84296B on the diagram I uploaded in post #30).
What is the part number of the clip in the blue circle?
It is not MU481137.

Attachments

• Windshield Washer Clips.jpg
    Windshield Washer Clips.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately there is no specific link or so. I had read parts catalog often for my job, so I just knew that some part numbers work in this way. Sometimes it is useful if you know that.

Do you know the difference between MF241286 and MF244884?
The specs are the same according to my catalog.

Try MU481009. New, car uses 2 each.

That has to be correct.

My first thought was 84296C on the diagram.
Then I saw 84296P which looks exactly the same.
I got confused because that part code has another part number.
The part number is MU481271 and it has different specs.

It turns 84296P has the same part number as 84296C earlier in the production run.
It explains why the drawings of those parts are the same.
For somewhat reason they changed the part number earlier the year that my car was manufactured.
I overlooked the fact that 84296P has always been only one per car and the position of the drawing of this clip suggests it is not this part.

I found a photograph of the actual part on an original windshield washer tube and then it was much easier.
I did not expect the design to be that different from 84296B though.

It is easy to overlook something and get lost in confusion.

Attachments

• MU481009.jpg
    MU481009.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 33
Do you know the difference between MF241286 and MF244884?
The specs are the same according to my catalog.
MF241286 is like the bolt type that you see many on transmission case/t-case that has only one lock washer (without a flat washer). MF244884 comes with a lock and a flat washer.

MF241286 is like the bolt type that you see many on transmission case/t-case that has only one lock washer (without a flat washer). MF244884 comes with a lock and a flat washer.

You are right about that!
I found a photograph of MF241286 with the part number on the packaging confirming this.

I primarily use the Mitsubishi/Eagle collision repair manual for factory p/n. I find it easier to see everything & identify the part i'm interested in. Regarding your original inquiry for the exhaust downpipe bracket, post #2 is correct & the bolt that came installed off the assembly line.

I primarily use the Mitsubishi/Eagle collision repair manual for factory p/n. I find it easier to see everything & identify the part i'm interested in. Regarding your original inquiry for the exhaust downpipe bracket, post #2 is correct & the bolt that came installed off the assembly line.

Does the repair manual say this?
Remember my original question was identifying the part number for the missing bolt shown in post #1.
If what you are saying is correct, the shorter bolt shown in post #19 is either broken or not original.
MF244884 is 35mm.
The shorter bolt appears to be around 25mm.

I also have a few parts in the engine bay I need to identify.

There is a missing bolt between the cruise control vacuum pump, the air by-pass valve and the relay box.
The gray bracket is around the larger electrical conduit and the black bracket is below the corner of the relay box.

It appears the brackets we can see here are shown on a parts diagram under Wiring & Attaching Parts, but as one bracket with part code 82705C.
The diagram shows two different part codes for the bolts used for that bracket.

What is the part number for the bolt attaching the conduit bracket to the relay box bracket?
As the brackets are shown as one part, it is quite possible that the missing bolt is part of this and not shown on the diagram.

Does anyone know?

Attachments

• Relay Box Bracket.jpg
    Relay Box Bracket.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • Wiring & Attaching Parts.gif
    Wiring & Attaching Parts.gif
    46 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Another part I need to identify is a plastic bracket that is attached to the intake manifold with two bolts.
I can not find it in the parts catalog.

I found a photograph where this bracket is present.
The blue circles show the attachment points.

Attachments

• Intake Manifold Plastic Bracket.jpg
    Intake Manifold Plastic Bracket.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 32
I also have a question concerning the battery wiring cable assembly.
Can anyone tell me what the bracket and the two clips encircled on the photograph are supposed to be attached to?
What are the part numbers for these parts?
Both of the clips are broken and I am most likely missing the bolt for the bracket.

Attachments

• Battery Wiring Cable Assembly.jpg
    Battery Wiring Cable Assembly.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 34
Here is another one.
What are the part numbers for the black clips holding the vacuum lines together on top of the intake manifold as shown on the photograph?
I can not find them in the catalog.
Are these clips only available with the entire emission control hose & pipe assembly?

Attachments

• Vacuum Hose Clips.jpg
    Vacuum Hose Clips.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back