The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

OMG! LOOK AT THE NEW ForcedFour SHIFT BOXS!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You CAN use a rachet style shifter with it. That is probably the only thing I don't know on the setup as I use the auto-upshift feature to shift for me.
Here it is in the description.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I like the programming options. I have mine ran through ecmlink using the fps signal to full pressure shift over 80 percent tps and its nice to just mash and go but programming would stop the fast shifts and let me get more rpm when i want it

Last edited:
Drove my SmartShift car today, with A/C, and it does exactly what I've told it to do.
So glad to here other positive feedback on it. Love it auto shifting with the maps I use!!! :)

How well does this workout for cruising along with spirited driving? What im using its either full pressure or normal preasure, no inbetween and no controlling shift points other than manual shifting

It works great Enriquez. I have TPS, RPM and VSS input all to the unit and use the stock Power shift point map all the time. When I punch it, it shifts down and takes off. Pass a car, no problem. Downshifts at the set points and acts dam near stock. I have my line pressures up between 60 and 90 % on different shifts. I set it, go play to see if it works and then tweak what I didn't like with more pressure in that gear and/or move the shift points.

It works great Enriquez. I have TPS, RPM and VSS input all to the unit and use the stock Power shift point map all the time. When I punch it, it shifts down and takes off. Pass a car, no problem. Downshifts at the set points and acts dam near stock. I have my line pressures up between 60 and 90 % on different shifts. I set it, go play to see if it works and then tweak what I didn't like with more pressure in that gear and/or move the shift points.
What installation instructions did you use? This shift box comes with a TON of wires. How did you wire in the shift box? Im not using a tcu.

Have you read my article on it yet?
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/forcedfour-smartshift-100-1-review-part-1-of-2.513993/
It does have alot of wires. You need power and ground for the shiftbox. VSS signal, Tach signal and TPS signal for inputs then you need the trans solenoid wires for the units outputs back to the trans.
All of those are available right at the TCU plugs. The TCU's all have those going to them and going back out via the auto wiring harness that has the old stock TCU plugs on them. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back